*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1796771-The-Wonders-of-a-Gumball-Machine
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1796771
What is happening inside the gumball machine that I cannot see?
         As children walk past gumball machines they usually just say, "Can I have one??? Please!!!"

         But when little Joey Kenton walks past one he says, "I wonder what the gumballs do in there when I'm not looking."

         Little six year old Joey Kenton was no ordinary boy. His mind was always filled with wonders. He never took his mind off his pets and what they were actually saying, but it's all different when he walks past an old gumball machine.

         His dad, David Kenton thought he was crazy, but Joey knew he wasn't crazy at all. He was just curious. For years he wanted a gumball machine just so he could find out what the gumballs did inside.

         One day, his parents had to go to the store. They didn't want him to come, so he stayed with his Aunt Kelly, but when Joey's parents went to the store they weren't buying groceries, they were buying Joey a new gumball machine.

         They shopped for hours unsuccessfully, but finally his mother said "David, I found one!" It was called, "Wonders of the gumballs". It was battery operated. The price was reasonable, so his parents bought it for him.

         It was just a few days until his birthday, so they saved it until it was time. Four days later he opened his gift. When he saw it, his eyes lit up like the lights on a lottery machine, when you win the jackpot. He turned it on and the colorful balls inside had smiley faces on them. They all jumped around inside, and lights of all colors went around the little machine. He said to his parents, "Thank you Mom. Thank you dad!!!"

         Every month they had to replace the batteries while he was at school. He played with it everyday, and he still does, even though he is twenty-four.

The End
© Copyright 2011 TigerLillyツღ (princessjlj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1796771-The-Wonders-of-a-Gumball-Machine