*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797259-The-dream
by Quinn
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1797259
One girl assumes the ultimate dream when she wanders into a cave.
The day that changed my life was the day I found a door.



I was walking the perimeter of the island when I found a door in a tree. Now, I know what you're thinking-how could I have missed this door countless times and find it on a tree that had always been there. But today, I noticed the door nob. Being the inquisitive person I am, I turned the knob.



The door swung open easily, the kind of easy that happened through frequent use. Who could have used it? As far as I knew, my parents and I were the only residents of the island, so unless they had made this secret passageway, who had?



I slowly walked into the tree, silently berating myself for not bringing a flashlight when the door blew closed. It was pitch black and perfectly silent. That little voice in my head was freaking out. I turned around and fumbled with the walls when an arm wrapped around my neck and dragged me away from the door, farther into the darkness.



I woke up tied to a chair in and empty cement room with a bright light shining in my face. Groggy and confused, it took a minute or two to remember where I was. As I shook myself awake, a figure walked towards me. She was dressed from head to toe in black, skintight boots, and kept her glossy hair back in a ponytail. She was probably about 14. As soon as I saw her, I knew to be scared.



She grabbed the light and pushed it closer to my face, causing me to squint.



"Why are you here?"

When I didn't reply, she grabbed my hair and twisted.

"How did you find us?"

Once again, I had no answer.
© Copyright 2011 Quinn (waltzdog at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797259-The-dream