*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797896-Mobsters-Part-IV-The-Recovery
by Shawn
Rated: XGC · Short Story · Other · #1797896
Kariee finally awakes after six months.
(Scene Fades.) (6Months later.) (Joe is asleep on the couch bed in Kariee’s room.) (Joe’s dreaming about Kariee, he wakes up when he think he hears her voice.) Kariee. (Joe looks over and see’s that Kariee hasn’t budged.) (He gets up and see’s her fingers move,)


Kariee: (Begins to gag on the tube in her mouth.) (She opens her eyes and gasps for air.)


Joe: (Runs out the room and calls for a nurse.)


Kariee: (Pulls the plugs off her and pulls out the tube that is gagging her as she gags.) (She tries to stand and falls to the ground.)


(The nurses rush in and pick Kariee up Kariee speaks with a soft whisper.)



Kariee: How did I get here? (Kariee then passes out.)



Kariee: (Wakes up 2 hours later.)


Joe: (Picks his head up.) (Approaches her bed.)


Kariee: (Smiles.) Hi.


Joe: (Smiles.) Hey beautiful. (Brushes her hair from her face.) How are you feeling?


Kariee: Hungry and tired.


Joe: Tired?


Kariee: (Nods her head.)


Joe: I don’t think I’ll ever let you sleep again.


Kariee: (Lets out a light laugh.)


Joe: There are some people here that want to see you. (He approaches the room door.) (Opens it.) She’s awake.



(Gracie, Gio, Shan, Trey, CJ, Candice, Laya, and Big T come in the room.)


Gracie: (Approaches her and hugs and kisses her all over.) I brought you something to wear sweetie. (Puts the bag next her.)


Kariee: (Grunts in pain.) Thanks grandma.


Gracie: (Laughs and wipes her tears.) Oh I’m sorry sweetie I’m just so happy to see you awake.


Kariee: It’s ok grandma I’m so happy to see all of you.


Gio: (Kisses Kariee’s forehead.) I’ve missed you mia.


Kariee: I’ve missed you to grandpa.


Doctor: (Comes in the room and say’s hello to everyone, he takes out his light and examines Kariee’s eyes then examines her arms and legs and her head.) So how are we feelin’?


Kariee: A little sore, hungry, tired.


Doctor: Well, that’s all normal, your joints are gonna be a bit stiff but we’re gonna get you some physical therapy to help with that with that said I’m gonna send ya home, but I’m gonna put you on a cane to help you out a bit. Okay. We’re gonna get ya packed and ready to go. (Pats her on the shoulder and makes his exit.)


Joe: Thanks doc.


Kariee: (Sits up.) (Looks at her hair it’s extremely long.) Whoa exactly how long have I been under?


Joe: Six months.


Kariee: Six Months!, jeez that’s a long time.


Nurse: (Come’s in.) Alright misses Perelli lets get you freshened up and ready to go. If can excuse us.


(Everyone leaves the room.)(Everyone leaves the hospital except Joe.) (The Nurse pulls the curtains.)


Kariee: (Walks out of the room with a beautiful sundress on and her well groomed hair.)


Joe: (Looks at her from head to toe.) Damn. (See’s how beautiful she is.)


Kariee: (A quick laugh.) I’ll take that as an I look pretty.


Joe: Pretty, you look beautiful.


(They make their way outside and into Joe’s car they arrive at Gracie and Gio’s home.)


Joe: (Helps Kariee out of the car.) (Picks Kariee up.) (Approaches the house’s threshold .) (Looks at Kariee and smiles.) Jus a little practice.


Kariee: (A quick laugh.) Oh okay. (Rings the doorbell.)


Gracie: (Opens the door.) Ok, (Laughs) well come on in.


Joe: (Puts Kariee down.)


Kariee: Smells good in here.


Gracie: (Hugs Joe.) The boys are in the living room go and make yourself comfortable, me and the girls are gonna be in the kitchen.


Joe: (Goes in the living room.)


(Gracie and Kariee go into the kitchen, Shan, Candice, Erika, and Marley are there.)


Kariee: (Approaches everyone.) Well, hello strangers.


(Everyone gives each other a hug.)


Kariee: I see you girls made it back in one piece I’m sorry that I couldn’t make you guy’s wedding, I heard it was beautiful.


Marley: Oh it’s okay we’re just glad that you’re okay.


Shan: It feels good to have all of us back together again.


Kariee: (Smiles and takes a sip of pink champagne.)


(Back in the living room with the guys.)


Rob: Two down three more to go or should I say two more to go , ‘cause my boy Jo bought to handle his.


Joe: Well you know how I do. (They give each other dap.)


CJ: Yeah, yeah cut all that short, man I love Shan and all but uhh baby’s a handful.


Mark: Well, that’s what happens when you get with your best friends girl.


Trey: Come on man squash that.


CJ: (Scuffs at Mark, takes a swig of his beer.) You know what you always been jealous.


Mark: Jealous.


CJ: Yeah nigga jealous.


Mark: Jealous of what.


CJ: Everything I got you want, my life, my loyalty, my money everything.


Mark: I don’t want nothin’ you got because all you are is a backstabbin’ punk ass bitch.


CJ: Man nigga fuck you. (Gets up quickly out of his seat.)

Mark: (Gets up.)


Gio: (Steps in between the boys.) Hey not today, not today fellas, here’s what we’re gonna do sit the fuck down and enjoy the game, right. (Looks at Cj,)


CJ: (Nods.)


Gio: (Looks at Mark.) Right.


Mark: (Nods his head.)


Gio: (Sits down.) Good.


(Back in the kitchen with the girls.)


Shan: I think CJ’s cheating on me.


Kariee: Where did that come from? What the hell has been going on since I’ve been in the hospital?


Shan: He’s been lying to me about jobs. (She sits down at the table.) I followed him one night to the hotel he’s been going to.


Candice: Did you see the girl?


Shan: No, I was to pissed, I just went home before I did something that I know I would’ve regretted in the long run, I was sitting on my bed thinking to myself maybe he’s jus tired of me, maybe I’m not good enough anymore I mean lately all we ever do is fight it’s like he picks fights with me on purpose jus so he can go and hang out at the clubs with the boys.


Gracie: Honey I know the feeling.


Kariee: (With a serious frustrating look on her face.) Grandpa, Grandpa cheated on you grandma.


Gracie: Thirty-four years ago your mother was four, and of course I knew that your grandpa was busy a lot but he never, for as long as he has been in this business stayed out all night with not as much as a phone call, but I’ll never forget it was December 13, 1977 I had just put your mom to bed. I went upstairs to read a book something to take the focus off your grandfather, which didn’t work so I stared at that phone until my eyes became restless and I finally went to sleep. It was about four in the morning your grandfather came in I was awake he was so embarrassed and frightened he couldn’t even look me in the face. So I asked him, “Where were you?”, and he said that he had to go to a late meeting with his father. I knew your grandfather like a book, I knew he was lying so I told him that our marriage was over and I threw the ring on the bed stormed out the room grabbed your mother and went to stay at my mother and fathers your grandfather did everything he could think of to get me back, it took me a long time to forgive that man but I knew that the man that I married was a good man despite some of the things that he does in this business your grandfather is a good man. So honey if this man has done nothing but fuss and fight with you then maybe you should sit down and try to figure out what the problem is?


Shan: Mama Gracie I’ve tried so many times to talk to him but its to the point to where we can’t talk any more all we do is fuss with one another.


Gracie: Then baby my advice to you is to do what you need to do to find your happiness and if you feel that the relationship can’t be fixed then you move on with your life and let CJ move on with his.


Shan: you’re right mama.


Gracie: Candice.


Candice: Mam.


Gracie: Go and tell everyone the foods ready thank you sweetie.


Erika: I’ll help you set the table mama. (Erika sets the table.)


Kariee: I’ll help put the food out.


Gracie: No, no , no you sit no stressful activities is what the doctor said meaning no lifting you’re suppose to betaking it easy.


Kariee: Yes mam’.


Marley: (With a quick laugh helps Gracie put the food out.)


(The guys come in the door.)


Rob: Smells good Mrs. Gracie.


(Everyone sits and enjoys the food.)


Gracie: So whose gonna say Grace?


Gio: Come on Gracie can we just eat?


Gracie: Georgio Dominic Perellli we have always said Grace at this table, now if you want to eat I suggest you hush and let some one bless the food.


Joe: I’ll say Grace.


Kariee: (Grabs Joe’s hand and smiles, she then bows her head.)


Joe: Dear God or hey God whatever I know I haven’t done this in awhile, but I jus wanna thank you not only for the food but for bringin’ the best thing that has ever happened to me back into my life, and God I wanna thank you for always lookin’ out for me and watchin over all of us in Jesus’s name Amen.


(Everyone raises their head and says “Amen”_


Kariee: (Rubbing Joe’s back.) That was good baby.


Joe: (Kisses Kariee’s hand.)


Gracie: (Gives a peaceful smile as she sits and looks at everyone laughing and talking enjoying each other’s company.)


(1 Hour later Gracie brings out dessert it is a freshly made Key Lime pie and Lemon Pie.)


(Everyone digs in.)


(CJ and Shan are arguing nut it is a mere whisper to everyone else.)


CJ: (Stands up.)


Shan: What are you doin’?


CJ: Excuse me everyone but there is something that have to say it’s been bothering me for a long time, I guess because I just didn’t know how to say it, and now seems like it’s the right time since ever one is here. Shanna you and I haven’t been okay for awhile and I’m tired of going through the motions with you I am sick of pretending that I love you when in my heart I know that I don’t love you maybe I never have.


Shan: (Looks like she could pop off at any moment.)


Gracie: CJ baby I really don’t think that this is the time nor the place for this.


CJ: No Mrs. Gracie this had to happen.


CJ: For the past year and a half I’ve been cheating on you with Candice.


Trey: (Turns his chair to the side and looks at Candice all Geed up ready to pop off at any moment.)


Candice: (Starts sobbing.) (Tries to explain herself to Trey touches his face but he moves it,) Baby, I’m so sorry it jus happened.


Trey: (Starts arguing with CJ.) And you suppose to be my boy my dog my homie and you screwin my woman.


CJ: Man you don’t treat that girl right all you do is bitch at her like a lil ho.


Trey: You know what. (Trey looks at Candice.) man fuck you! (He launches at CJ the boys begin brawling and breaking things.)


(The guys try to break them up.)


Shan: All this time you been sittin’ up in my face and you the one that’s been sleepin’ wit CJ (Shan launches at Candice and they begin to fight.)


(Gracie, Erika, and Marley try to break up the girls.)


Kariee: (Is distraught by the events and she feels light headed and woozy, she rises to her feet.) (She whispers.) Grandma. (She then passes out.)


(Everyone stops fighting and arguing.)


Gracie: Oh my God.


Joe: (Rushes to her.) Kariee!, Kariee!.


(1 Hour later.)


Kariee: (Wakes up.) (Tries to sit up.)


Gracie: Rest.


Kariee: Grandma I’m fine, I just got a little light headed. (Looks around.) Where’s everyone?


Joe: CJ and Candice left the girls are upstairs with Shan and the guys are in the kitchen with Trey.


Kariee: (Sits up.) (Shakes her head.) I woke up to come back home to this.


Joe: Come on baby don’t say that.


Kariee: Baby, it’s true everything is ruined relationships, friendships everything.


Joe: (Pulls Kariee close to him.) (Kisses her on her forehead) Everything’s gonna be alright baby.


Kariee: Maybe, I’m gonna go and check up on Shan. (Kariee gets up and heads upstairs.)


Joe: (Goes back into the kitchen.)


(3 Hours later everyone leaves except for Trey, Shan, Joe , and Kariee.)


(Shan and Kariee are in Kariee’s old bedroom.)


Shan: (Looking out the window.)


Kariee: I don’t know what to say, I didn’t expect it to be like that.


Shan: (A quick painful laugh.) You know what I’m really not that surprised I guess I figured it would be someone that I knew.


Kariee: But Candice…


Shan: Not her maybe nasty ass Laya.


(They both laugh.)


Shan: He left with her “K” and he didn’t look back, it was like he didn’t care about how I took it, it was like. “It is what it is”, that the type of attitude he had when he left out the door. I can’t go back there not now their’s no telling what I’ll do especially if he has the bitch there which I know he does.


Kariee: You can come and stay with me as long as you like.


Shan: Thanks.


Kariee: (Walks to the window and hugs Shan.)


2 Months Later…


(Shan, Kariee, and Laya the nail shop.)


Kariee: I’m glad I got my old friend back.


Shan: Girl I realized I can do a hell of a lot better then be wit a man who can’t hold me down.


Kariee: I hear ya.


Laya: Well my man holds me down.


Shan: (Lifts her head up of the massager chair.) Girl please yo man handles you worst then a five dolla ho.


Laya: Whateva’ Shan you jus mad because you ain’t got no man.


Shan: And yo man jus mad because he ain’t got me. You know (Turns to Kariee.) why you bring her anyway.


Kariee: You guys promised me that you would try to behave and get along.


Shan: (Rolls her eyes at Laya.) Mmm-hmm.


Laya: (Gives Shan the hand.) Anyway, the boys been hearing anything about dude who kidnapped you.


Shan: (Smacks her lips, and yells at Laya.) Why would you bring that up of all things?!


Laya: (Points her finger at Shan.) Why you worried.


Kariee: (Yells.) Ladies!,(Stops yelling.) dang does everything have to be an argument with yall. Shan it’s alright. Joe and the guys have been lookin’ high and low for the people that did that to me.


Laya: Nobody’s talkin on the streets.


Kariee: He’s kinda hush hush on what he finds out, I mean I wish he would tell me when he finds out things but Joe is Joe.


Laya: I mean but since yall are married now I figured he’d let you in on some things.


Kariee: He actually told me more on when we weren’t married, it’s like he tries to shield me more now that I’m wearing his last name.


Shan: Maybe he thinks that now that it’s official mutharfucka’s from high and low gon try to to mess all over you because you his wife.


Kariee: Well muthafucka’s messed over me before I was his wife.


Laya: That’s true.


Kariee: You know I hate the fact that he keeps secrets but I love him to death but, I think when he gets home we’re gonna have to have a talk.


(After the girls get their manicures and their pedicures they head to lunch on the loft by the beach.)


(They take their seats and pick up the menu.)


(Joe approaches Kariee from behind and points his finger at the other girls to keep it a secret.)


Kariee: (Gasps and jumps as she feels to hands cover her eyes.)


























































































































© Copyright 2011 Shawn (shawnone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1797896-Mobsters-Part-IV-The-Recovery