*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1798020-The-Banshee-of-Belfast
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1798020
A combination of horror and fantasy in one short story in the countryside of Ireland..
Riley Nelson sat at her bedroom window,watching snow fall on the deserted street below.She regretted even asking her parents if she could go and hang out with her friends at the pub.Yes,she was only 16,but if her friends could get in,surely she could too.Her parents threw a fit at the mention of her friends,whom were thought of as a horrible nuisance,and a terrible example to Riley.So Riley was sent up to her room,after she tried to defend her friends,accidentally insalting her mother.The room had a grey-ish black look,because,probably,it was almost 8pm,but because the snow was pilling up on her windowsill outside.Riley got up and turned on the lamp besides her bed,giving the room a friendly orange glow,and she turned to go and sit back on the window,only to be interupted by a knock on her door.
"Come in.."
The door opened slowely,and her mother and father walked in."Riley...we need to speak to you about something" said her father.
"Yes?"
Riley's heart was hammering in her chest,because her parents only ever called her 'Riley' when she was in trouble,usually they'de call her 'Riles' or 'Ry'."Were sending you to go and stay with your Godparents in Ireland.."
Her mother replied hesitantly.
© Copyright 2011 Mikyla Wilson (mikyla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1798020-The-Banshee-of-Belfast