*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1799492-The-National-Debt
by blov8
Rated: E · Article · Political · #1799492
An opinion article on the National Debt. I may also post on my blog site blov8.com.
The National Debt


I do not believe the news media today is a valid source for facts.

I do believe that the established politicians of Washington D.C. are even a lesser valid source for facts. This country will not solve its problems with the career politicians currently in office, many from both parties should be voted out.

As long as the national debt limit is raised; Our national debt situation will be postponed for another day.

The Federal Government has been garnering Power for the past several decades on the back of any imaginable "Good Cause".  Much Good has been accomplished and the Concentration of Power has been the price.  The States of the United States need to reclaim the powers originally appointed to the individual states. Fifty States governing themselves would free up the Federal Government to get back to their Constitutionally Directed Powers.  Fifty States engaging in fair competition would be refreshing and healthy. This change might require a phased approach initiated by the Governors of the fifty states, but it may be the only path that will save our Republic.

The state and federal governments have the capability to control and regulate all forms of enterprise including corporations. If the government performed its function properly, there would never exist a "too big to fail" entity.

Raising taxes does not always increase revenue and sometimes destroys industries. Both parties have found great success in raising revenue on the backs of the middle class.  The United States doesn't have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem.

The wealthy should pay their fair share;  Fair should be the same percentage for everyone.  In America everyone should be treated the equally. I know, the poor deserve a break and I agree, but a corporation that hires hundreds of people may also deserve a break. The latter generate revenue for the government both directly by corporate taxes and indirectly by taxes paid by the individuals that they employ.

© Copyright 2011 blov8 (blov8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1799492-The-National-Debt