*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1799734-One-of-life-experiences-unforgetable
by Peter
Rated: E · Other · Mystery · #1799734
Searching for gold, in the mountains of Mexico, an eight year old's experience.
It was almost fifty years ago and I still remember it like it was yesterday.  Our family was on vacation visiting some cousins in Mexico.  My father, grandfather, my uncle and me set off into the mountains of Mexico looking for a treasure that was supposedly buried at one of my past cousins homestead.  We arrived there in the late evening.  My father and grandfather started making plans as to how to go about searching for the correct spot the treasure might be.  My father started with his brand new metal detector, while grandfather took out four y-forked branches about eight inches long. He gave me two and told me to hold them very lightly, as to my surprise, the two y-forked branches started to move to the left, I was frighten, but grandfather said good son, just keep holding them just like that. My grandfather was also holding two of the y-forked branches and they started to move to the right, pointing to the same spot on the ground. Grandfather marked the spot with a cross, then we moved to the other side of the marked location and the y-forked branches moved pointing back to marked cross.  Grandfather said that is the spot where the treasure is buried.  Father then took the metal detector and sure enough, the machine started buzzing.  I watched my father, grandfather and uncle dig for quite some time. I fell asleep and they woke my up about four hours later.  I could see the top of a box still mostly buried, my grandfather told my dad, not to dig around the box anymore. Grandfather explained that it was releasing some type of poisonous gases and that we should leave it there for at least one day.  Everybody was excited that we found a box buried where it was said to be for many generations. We returned to the site the following day only to discover that someone had already taken the box, much to our disappointment, grandfather said if whomever took the box and did not let it air out, that they would be dead within one week.  As our vacation time ended and we arrived back home in Illinois, grandfather told us that one of his neighbors died short after we left, followed by two of his friends. Grandfather only speculated that they were the ones who took the treasure but now that they were dead, no one knew what happened to the treasure.  A life experience I'll never forget.   



 
© Copyright 2011 Peter (needhelp100 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1799734-One-of-life-experiences-unforgetable