*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801582-passage-in-time
by Peter
Rated: · Other · Drama · #1801582
a comparison; "sinking of the Titanic," to today's "government dept."
In last month decision, the house and the senate were struggling with what to do with the ever so growing US deficit. And in a last minute decision, they passed the buck to several individuals to come up with a solution that has been in the making for the last several decades. Who's to blame, according to the poles why not blame "President Obama." As it is always done, blaming the President. Let's take a look at the past and a timeless piece of work.
In the past month the people of this country heard all kinds of excuses between the Democrate and Replicans from both houses. Why this couldn't be done or why that couldn't be done, all by rich individuals who have been in those positions for quite some time and all not wanting to increase their taxes. In comparison to the Titanic, when the ship was sinking, the rich were the first to get in the life boats. While the poor were being locked down in the lower part of the sinking ship. As always the poor had to fight to get to the life boats but, only a few could be saved, the rest were sent to Davey Jones Locker. As now, we the poor are the mercie of the few who were chosen to find a solution to our big deficit. Why does it feel already that the poor are about to be sent to Davey Jones Locker and the rich stay dry.
In the end, the rich will still be quite comfortable with their high incomes, and the poor fellows who were chosen to come up with a solution will probably end up killing themselves as the pressure builds up and finding no easy solution. That special group will probably even get a cut in pay due to not being able to find a solution that will keep the rich happy and the poor knocking at their door.
© Copyright 2011 Peter (needhelp100 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801582-passage-in-time