*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800205-The-stuff-of-nightmares
Rated: E · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1800205
299 words. Sometimes things aren't what they seem.
"Night and day. The difference was night and day." I muttered, almost to myself, as I reclined on the couch at the psychiatrists office. "Right. You've told me that already Ezra. Now tell me a little bit more about these so called vampires. Are they just in your mind, or do you see them as well?" The psychiatrist was typing like mad on his black computer. Probably thought I was crazier than even I did. Everyone knows that vampires don't exist. Yet, for reasons I'm not real fond of discussing, I do.

"I already told you! THEY ARE REAL!" I yelled at the psychiatrist, sitting up on the couch. Glaring directly into his eyes I let loose a feral growl. If he wanted crazy, well then here it was. "Calm down Ezra. I know that the images your mind has given you have to be some pretty vivid ones. I've got another question for you, if you are willing to indulge me." He arched a quizzical brow at me, lowering his laptop for a moment as he awaited a response.

"Sure. Why not. Everything else you've said has been so very helpful doctor." I practically spat these words at him, waiting for his next question in his long line of useless questions. "Do you think you are one of them? Are you lost, I mean?" The man asked. Is he toying with me now? "What? NO! Why would you even ask me that?" I muttered, afraid. "Because... My master thinks you are worthy Ezra." The man said, as a figure appeared behind him, the same figure that haunts my dreams.
© Copyright 2011 Reaperwolf (alphawolf540 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800205-The-stuff-of-nightmares