*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800483-The-Tragedy
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1800483
The Tragic story of a love so powerful that death can not tear apart.
Till Death Shall Tear Us Apart




Two best friends, always together, never separated, Lady Cordelia and Lady Angeline. Grew in beauty, Lady Cordelia, with her hair as liquid gold and eyes as blue as the sea. Lady Angeline, with her hair as black as a raven's and cheeks always pink with her blood running through.

One day, a Duke, named Heathcliff from far away had come to visit the town, riding his horse, when his eyes fell upon the fair Lady Cordelia and emotion overcame him, emotion of affection. He took Lady Cordelia's hand and walked with her alongside the lake. Lady Angeline who had long loved the Duke and dreamed of being his lady was filled with rage and jealousy for Lady Cordelia. She thought if Heathcliff wasn't hers, then he couldn't be of anyone else. She sought to kill him.

When, that day, Lady Cordelia and Heathcliff were walking along the lake, Heathcliff had left Lady Cordelia to pick some violets for his lady. Lady Angeline pushed Lady Cordelia into the lake, knowing she couldn't swim, Heathcliff came and saw her drowning there, forgetting that he, himself could not swim, jumped into the water.

Lady Cordelia and Heathcliff were then washed onshore, dead, in each other's arms, still full of love.

Lady Angeline, full of pride with her work, hadn't realized that a child was watching her from behind a bush, he had run back and told the town what he saw, the townspeople grabbed their torches and caught Lady Angeline and burned her, showing no mercy and avenged the death of the Duke and Lady Cordelia, who had died in each other's arms, Daeth could not Part their Love.
© Copyright 2011 Dro0ler (dro0ler at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800483-The-Tragedy