*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800611-Red-Rose
by Ink
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1800611
Something that has happened in my past
I walked past the giant black gate that I used to think about climbing. I was alone with nothing more than the black suit and a single red rose in my hands. I walked slowly keeping my head held high trying not to cry. I kept walking and I found my destination. A single grave all alone in the corner.
"Hey Carly," I say as I knelt done in front of the grave. Something I do on all of my visits and the same thing I said to her every time i saw her.
"I brought you a rose again. I know they're your favorite," I say as I place the rose in front of the grave. A tear rolls down my face and falls to the ground. I take a deep breath and try to gather myself. Another tear falls and I continue to look at the grave.
"I'm so sorry Carly. It should have been me not you. Oh God I am so sorry," I mutter between sobs. I let out all of my sorrow and I start to cry. Time seemed to escape me and I didn't care. I imagined what Carly would say right now if she saw me doing this.
"It's not your fault. You can't blame yourself for something that you had no control over."
I take a deep breath and wipe my eyes with the shirtsleve. I stood up and looked back down at her grave.
"Good-bye Carly. I will never forget you," I say as I kiss my hand then placed it on the grave. I turned around and walked away. As soon as I reached the black gate I turned around and looked back into the graveyard. All I saw was her grave and I waved to it even though I know she can't see it.
© Copyright 2011 Ink (inkwriter7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800611-Red-Rose