*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800789-Her-closest-friend-her-worst-enemy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Sample · Young Adult · #1800789
A sample of a story about Mollie, a 17 year old girl who's talent creates tension.
A girl awoke and got out of her bed. Still half asleep, she rubbed her eyes, gave a huge yawn and looked out of the window, it was a dark and stormy summer morning, the leaves being torn of the trees by the cold wind and being thrown to the floor. It was Saturday, Mollie liked the weekend, it was a time of relaxation, a time where she could have time to herself to do some hobbies such as tennis down the local sports centre or hanging out with her good friend Rochelle. Mollie did the normal morning routine, had some toast for breakfast, got dressed, brushed her teeth and then went out to meet Rochelle.

Mollie and Rochelle planned to meet near the local park just down the road from where Mollie lived, luckily both Mollie and Rochelle lived close to each other so it wasn't long before they were face to face. they both smiled and give each other a big hug, before talking away while they made their way to the local sports centre. As they arrived after ten minutes, Mollies face gleamed with happiness. This place was a favourite, this is the place where she was good at something, somewhere where she was appreciated and recognised for her good talents at tennis. She had recently entered the local tennis championships and lost to Rochelle who also was a skilled, determined tennis player. This bond and rivalry came hand in hand, it was a fire that fuelled their friendship. Mollies recent loss had no dampening effect on their friendship if anything it made it stronger.

Mollie was confident in her ability, she felt comfortable and strong willed. Doubts started to fill Mollies mind however when she learnt from her coach that this was the last year of the youth championships and when she turned eighteen she would have to join the national adult tennis league. Her self belief started to flicker and weaken, this would be totally out of her comfort zone, self inflicting negative thoughts spread like fire through her mind. Mollie could not believe that she would stand a chance against anyone in the national league, she was so used to challenging the local youth tennis players, how could she possibly win against professional skilled players?
© Copyright 2011 R.Williams (rhyswilliams23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1800789-Her-closest-friend-her-worst-enemy