*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801047-Heart-Opener
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Spiritual · #1801047
A little piece about acting from the heart.
There's such a drastic difference between making a choice because you know it's right—and acting from the heart.  The former involves the mind and the ego.  When logic and reason are involved, then decisions are inherently influenced by the constructs of peers and society.  When the ego is involved, it allows you to become a martyr for your choices, convincing yourself that your choice is for the better good.  All your pain and hardship is seen as a trial, at the end of which there is reward.  This can easily lead to self-pity and emotional superficiality.  But when acting from the heart, right and wrong become an abstract duality with no real value.  Thought of the self (ego) is not present, and therefore one is free to act without the influence of peer, society, or reward.  The problem lies within our disconnect to our own spirit (heart).  It takes such presence and stillness of the mind to be able to float upon that steady stream that is within all of us.  All the while the ego screams with such might to take the easy path.  Yogas chitta vritti nero daha.







Let your throat-song

be clear and strong enough



to make an emperor fall full-length,

suppliant, at the door.



-Rumi
© Copyright 2011 Capricious (jerdl_33 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801047-Heart-Opener