*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801190-Michael-in-New-Orleans
Rated: · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1801190
New Orleans, sorcerer, witch, fire, spirit, danger, wrong


Michael was determined to visit the sorcerer in New Orleans. She would know what was making him sick from the smell that only he could smell. He wanted to know why his chest was heavy when he awakened at 3 am each morning. He was at the point to where sleep escaped his reach throughout the night. Juanita called the sorcerer an advanced witch who could discern the danger of the strange happenings around him. Michael felt as if his life was on the line.

The darkness had a smell of pitch black tar as he drove down Hellmar Lane in New Orleans. The smell intensified as if someone with a bad odor was riding with him and it added to the smell of tar. Michael couldn’t help but think, where are the lights? Every house was dark on both sides of the lane, there it is – 6606 Hellmar Lane. This must be the wrong address. This is a mansion. It seemed like a hundred windows were lit up with light upstairs and downstairs. The mansion was far off the road. Cars were everywhere on the curved driveway and in the grass. All the houses were dark until he reached this mansion. The occupants must be having a party, he thought. The intense heat hit his face as he climbed from his air conditioned car. Hell cannot be any hotter; the thought was running through his mind. He felt sick to his stomach as he wandered through the cars. Something flew paste his shoulder and he followed it toward the house. The glow of fire was coming from the windows. The mansion wasn’t burning but it was on fire. His feet were too heavy to move and his heart stopped as his spirit left his body.

Word count = 296

© Copyright 2011 M.Harris (mharris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801190-Michael-in-New-Orleans