*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801526-Demon-Eyes-and-a-Priest-Son
Rated: E · Chapter · Gothic · #1801526
A young love sparks preface (I will update chapters as they are completed
Twelve years ago          

Five year-old Agony walked through the dense foliage of the black woods that surrounded the White Vale.  Agony soon found a clearing in the forest and was surprised to find a girl, maybe a little younger than him, sitting in the middle of it; humming a strange tune.  He stood behind a giant oak tree just observing the girl.  Finally, he walked out from behind his tree and approached her.  He stood no more than five feet away from her, yet she still did not lift her head, nor stop humming, like he wasn’t there.  Agony blinked his wide brown eyes and took a giant breath.  “Hello, my name is Agony” he said.  The girl  stopped humming and looked up at him, making Agony take a step back and gasp in surprise.  The girl, her eyes, they were RED, and they were glowing.  The girl stood up, not bothering to brush the stray bits of grass off of her knee-length black dress.  “Hello,” she said pushing a strand of black hair behind her ear.  “What’s your name?“ he asked.  “Blade” she replied simply, scanning Agony with her glowing red eyes.  “I’ve never seen you in the vale before where do you live?” he asked.  “ Down that path a bit” she indicated to a small easily missed path.  “Um, there’s a river close to here, Devil’s Landing, do you want to go skip rocks or something?”  he asked shyly.  “Sure,” she paused,” do you want to go the long way or the short way?”.  “As far as I know there’s only one way.” he said.  “ No, actually there’s a short cut right through there.” she pointed to a bunch of branches and brush.  “Ok, lead the way” he gestured for her to start walking, following close on her heels.

         It was October 31, and Agony walked on the same path he had for the past seven months, carrying a small leather bag with Blades present and two sandwiches, some red grapes, and a bottle of water.  When he got there Blade was already there, humming that song. 

“Hey Blade”

“Hey Agony”

“I brought you something for your birthday.”

“Awe! Your to sweet Agony” she smiled.  “I try” he said sitting across from her.  He pulled out a cloth pouch and handed it to her.  Blade took it gratefully and slowly unwrapped the cloth, revealing a beautiful white smoky quartz stone attached to a black lace ribbon.  “AWE! Agony it’s beautiful!” she said running her fingers delicately over the lace.  “Your welcome. Oh! I brought some lunch.” he said.  “you really are too sweet.” she giggled. 

         The meetings went on like this for another month; until one day, Blade never showed up. Agony waited and waited but she never came. Finally when it was dusk, Agony walked back to the vale.  This pattern continued for four more weeks.  Soon he just gave up.  His dreams however were invaded by her intoxicating red eyes. 
© Copyright 2011 ghostgirl (halloweengirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801526-Demon-Eyes-and-a-Priest-Son