*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801699-Rebirth-Prologue
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Yomi
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1801699
Rae is your stereotypical teenager, until she dies. Who knew that dying would be so new?
This couldn’t be happening. Not to me. This place wasn’t even supposed to exist, much less the descriptions be so insanely accurate. How was I supposed to know I’d end up in Hell?

̊ ̊ ̊ ̊ ̊ ̊ ̊ ̊ ̊ ̊

         Rae slapped her legs in defense from the mosquito’s relentless attacks. Already a junior in high school and she STILL had to wait for the bus. If her mom had only let her get a car then MAYBE she wouldn’t feel so crappy. She was short and thin, with pale white skin and blue green eyes framed in long lashes. Her dark brown hair was cut like a boy, with long bangs that fell in her eyes. She scratched her forehead with her black nailed fingers exasperatedly. She needed to get to school and finish homework, not stand here being eaten alive. As the sky began to lighten, Rae let out a frustrated sigh.
         “Screw this, I’m freaking walking.” She muttered as she shouldered her backpack. Pumping up her iPod, Rae began to cross the empty street. She didn’t hear the car approach, and the driver was too distracted by her Bluetooth headset to notice the black clad teen step into her path. The last thing either of them saw was the stain of color beginning to seep across the street as the driver screeched to a halt. Rae’s life had been snuffed out, in an instant of pure stupidity.
© Copyright 2011 Yomi (yamifugato at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801699-Rebirth-Prologue