*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801728-Noahs-World
Rated: E · Short Story · Religious · #1801728
Life directly before the Flood of Noah
“Go tell Methody to come to me. And don’t say anything about his dirty hooves or his tangled tail. I want to see what that crazy Noah is doing and I want Methody to take me there. It’s a long way to the woods and I don’t feel like walking today. The gods are upset and the giants will not go near. There is something about that man Noah that is strange,” said the Governor.

The Attendant found Methody straightening the vegetables on a shelf with his two arms outstretched and his four hooves on the ground. Attendant noticed quickly the dirty facade of the horse/man.

“What does the Governor want now?” said Methody.”

“He wants to see what the man named Noah is doing. He wants you to take him there,” and off went Attendant.

A quick transport and Methody was face to face with the Governor. “Get on my back. I have things to do. This can’t take long,” grumbled Methody. And within the next five seconds they were face to face with Noah.

“Governor, keep warning the people. God will destroy our world with water tomorrow. I’ve got to finish this boat but keep warning the people. They mock me. They laugh. If they don’t believe God, they will all die. They must get on the boat the moment it is ready. Look at the animals. They are waiting patiently. They know what is coming, but the people ignore even the animals. Tell them Governor, they must get on the boat.” Noah was exhausted from pleading his case.

The animals started walking in the great door of the boat. “See Governor, they know more than we do. And when God shuts the door, that is it,” Noah cried. The Governor laughed. Methody laughed. The people laughed.

Word count =299 words
© Copyright 2011 M.Harris (mharris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801728-Noahs-World