*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801756-Those-Blue-Eyes
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1801756
Scare Me- Entry
The moon shone high in the night sky, as Amy drove home from her friend’s house. The headlights beamed ahead of the Mazda, showing her the way on the road. As she reached the forest the road stretched through, she grew fairly cold.

“That’s weird. It’s a summer night, and 80 degrees out. Why am I cold?” She asked herself. “I must be getting a cold or something.” And so she ignored the shivers and goose bumps she received.

About a minute later, after the feeling of cold had passed, a young girl appeared on the road. She wore a dirty, white nightgown with long sleeves with lace trim. Amy slammed on the brakes and cursed, stopping right before she hit the girl.

“Jesus fucking Christ!” She yelled, and she unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the car. “What the hell are you doing in the middle of the road?”

The girl slowly turned her head to her. Now that she wasn’t concentrating on driving, Amy could get a better look at her. Her eyes were ice blue, a kind of creepy blue. Her feet were bare, and covered in dirt and scars. Her long, black hair was matted and covered in knots, and her face was pure and pale, not a blemish in sight. But there was something off about her, and Amy knew it. She just didn’t know what. The girl merely stared at Amy, and then turned and walked into the forest.

“Wait!” She called out. “Don’t you need help getting home? Or anything?”

But she never got a response from the girl. She thought about chasing after her, but she had no flash light and didn’t want to leave her car in the middle of nowhere. So, Amy hopped back into the Mazda and drove home.

The next morning when Amy woke up, she saw the girl. She was standing right in the frame of her doorway. She screamed when she woke up to those ice blue eyes. I must be imagining things, she’s not really there! She thought, and when she blinked and looked back, she was gone. Amy hurried downstairs to eat breakfast, and then went off to school.

Amy preferred to walk to school, as it was calmer and it kept her in shape. She adjusted the bag over her shoulder and walked a bit faster. As she gazed up at the tree line, she saw the girl once more. She was dangling from a noose made of tough rope. Amy cringed at the sight, and looked away. When she looked back, the girl hanging dead from the tree was gone. She isn’t real, she isn’t really there, you’re just imagining things because that girl from last night creeped you out, she thought to herself, trying to win over the part of her that thought the girl was real. She continued on her route to school, occasionally seeing the girl on street corners, or hanging from a noose in the trees, her neck at an unnatural angle due to the gravity of hanging there.

Amy was pretty shaken up when she finally arrived at her high school. She flinched when people randomly appeared to say hello to her. She barely made it through the day, and she ran home, trying so desperately to avoid looking anywhere but straight ahead, but to no avail. Anywhere she looked the girl with the ice blue eyes appeared, torturing her, making her feel crazy.

Day after day, the girl with the ice blue eyes followed her. She tried to go to a guidance counselor, but the girl was in the room there as well. Amy was sent home having had an anxiety attack.

When she fell asleep, she heard the girl’s whispers, “I’m coming for you, I’m coming for you.”

Whenever she woke up, her eyes were bloodshot from crying in her sleep, and she was restless from tossing and turning all night long.

Then one day, the girl touched her.

A shiver ran down her spine, and a feeling of death and foreboding entered her body. She began to cry, right then and there. She completely broke down. All sorts of whispers and yells entered her ears, whispers of love and hate, and yells of anger and fury. She tried to drone out the yells and whispers, but nothing seemed to work.

She crouched down into a ball, and screamed, “GET OUT OF MY HEAD!”

The girl walked back over to her, and spoke once more. She whispered softly to Amy, her whispers heard through the hands clamped over her ears, and she said, “You hear me, you see me, you see what happened to me.”

The girl whispered this over and over again until it had begun to drive Amy mad. She shut her eyes and began to rock back and forth while sitting curled up in a ball, mumbling the girl’s exact words.

A few hours later when Amy’s parents came home, her mother wandered upstairs to ask Amy what she wanted for dinner. She was nowhere to be found. She went outside and called for her, and walked down to the edge of their property. “Amy!” She shouted, “Where are you? We need to discuss-“She stopped mid-sentence.

There, right above her head, hung her daughter from a noose, an exact replica of the blue eyed girl.

© Copyright 2011 TheDreamer (daisygirl978 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1801756-Those-Blue-Eyes