*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1802967-Delicious-Murder
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1802967
Horror Entry; Whose ready to pick some apples?
         Jackie stop playing around this isn't funny, cried Jason. He and Jackie had been dating for a year now and decided to visit a  apple orchard on their one year anniversary, October 31st. "If you don't come out right now I am leaving here without you...this isn't funny". Jason was starting to get worried now. In his moment of panic, he hadn't noticed that all the other guests on the orchard were missing, there was only himself amongst the mist of the evening and of course his breathing... slower then harder as his panic grew. All of a sudden there were footsteps off into the distance, a mixture of wet dirt and rotten apple cores.
            Sweat began to bead up on Jason's forehead as the hairs stood up on the back of his neck. His pace began to quicken as the moonlight shown on the tops of the trees and passageways through the maze of fruit. He had reached the end. A wall of greenery separated him from safety and possibly sealed his doom. There was a light tap on his shoulder. Jason stood there, almost afraid to turn around for this might be the last thing that he did. "Son you better get out of here...orchard's closing in 10...Willy don't like no one out here past closing...", said an older fellow dressed in dirty overalls and a blue plaid shirt. Some would say this figure is frightening but it was a kindness in this man's eyes. "Yes...sir...I just need to find my girlfriend that’s all", said a trembling Jason. "Girlfriend eh?....Well sonny I think she ditched ya, ain't no body here but you and me".
         Jason pulled out his cell phone and called Jackie. Of course his call went straight to voice mail. After a few more failed attempts he decided to leave without her. After the old man told him of no one else being on the orchard, Jason was convinced he had officially been ditched. "What a way to say I love you". Upon leaving the official growing grounds Jason walked passed a gate with a sign that distinctly read: NO TRESPASSING. Just as he was almost officially out of view from the forbidden area, he heard a scream...a distinct scream. JAY!!!! Right away Jason sprang into action, jumping almost 5 feet into the air over the gate. "JACKIE!....WHERE ARE YOU! SAY MY NAME!" All he heard was a light thumping then a hard clanging sound. Running towards the sounds Jason slipped on what he assumed was mushed apple droppings. Looking around he concluded that he was in the cider mill. Here, the picked apples were sorted and turned into cider for drinking or processed for apple products. The fall hadn't hurt him too bad, he knew he scraped his hand because it was stinging and wet. It was almost pitch black, all that could be made out was the bulky machines and the cobwebs illuminated by the moon's glow off the rafters. Then, like a punch to the senses there was a smell.
         "Ewwww what reeks??", said a puzzled Jason. The smell was of a rotting animal mixed in with a vague sent of cinnamon and apple, definitely not what one usually expects a country orchard to smell like. Probably a rat caught in one of these machines he thought. There was a lone hanging light bulb in the middle of the room, Jason reached up to pull the chain. The first thing he noticed was his hands. They were covered in blood. Second thing he noticed was his shoes, he was leaving footprints in blood as he walked. The last thing he noticed as he looked up was the 300 naked bodies hanging from the ceiling, sliced from chin to navel, completely hollowed out. Jason murmured every curse word known to man as he backed himself into a wall. "HELP PLEASE...HELP..PLEASE",cried a voice in the distance. Jason hoped that this was his girlfriend but at the same time dreaded the sight of her. What if she was hanging somewhere half hollowed out clinging to life, seconds away from death? Slowly walking beneath the sky of corpses, he grew closer and closer to the wailing....it was Jackie. "Oh my God  please Jason get me out of here". Jackie was hogtied and stripped down to her blood stained under garments..her blond hair made auburn by blood and chunks of rotten apple. As Jason told her to be still and be quiet while he searched for something to cut the rope, he caught the reflection of the murderer in a piece of broken mirror. Instead of grabbing the shard and setting free Jackie, he was mesmerized by what he was seeing.
         Willy, the cider maker had a U-boat stacked tall with orchard patrons. He gutted a man like a fish, using the full length of the blood soaked intestines and liver in a very special blend of apple cider. Next, he chopped of heads with a rusty butcher's knife, palmed the skull like a basketball and pushed them face down into a juicer, draining all the blood, mucous and saliva for this very special blend. Mixed in with a few pinched of cinnamon and nothing but the best apples, "Farmer Willy's Natures Blend" had been created, said label slapped right on the bottle.
         Picking up the mirror shard Jason finally turned around and feverishly began sawing at Jackie's ropes. "WHACK!" Jason looked buck eyed at Jackie for what seemed to be hours but were only seconds before he fell on top of her, a jumbo sized pair of garden scissors sticking out of his back. Screaming, blue eyes hot and filled to the brim with tears, Jackie watched as Willy stepped on Jason's back, slowly pulling out the shears while he placed Jackie's head between the two bloody blades. "Please no..." were the last words to leave her lips before her beheading. "Damn kids...orchard's closed".
© Copyright 2011 GinnayG. (ggsnickets at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1802967-Delicious-Murder