*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1804891-A-Thousand-Words
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1804891
One look, one second, one feeling, a thousand words.
A Thousand Words

I loved how she swung into the room, smiling brilliantly, her long hair flowing beautifully, her eyes shining magically. She put her briefcase down and began talking to her work friends, sitting down at her desk and sipping her coffee.

I quickly dropped my gaze back to my work so no one would notice me staring like an idiot at her.
"Why don't you talk to her? Sitting there and staring at her isn't going to do anything." Lizzie, my work friend said, printing some papers.
"What can I say? Hi my name's Louis, you don't know me but I know everything about you?" I said sarcastically.
"No-o." She sighed then sat next to me and leaned towards me. "Right listen, pick up some papers then just casually walk past her then stop and smile at her and ask if she needs any help. If she doesn't ask if she wants another coffee and if she says no again just smile again and tell her that you'll see her around and if she needs any help then call on you." She leaned back smiling proudly at herself.
"How long have you been working on that 'plan' exactly?" I said rolling my eyes.
"Well someone had to do it."

I sighed but picked up a couple of sheets of paper that needed to be handed to someone anyway and stood up. Lizzie gave me a cheery thumbs up and I smiled weakly. I felt like a teenager again as I walked towards her desk. My stomach flipped as I stopped in front of her.

I swallowed then smiled.
"Hi Emily, do you need any help?"
She stared at me like I had just asked her to marry her before she put her head down and began to rearrange her already neat pile of papers. Was she blushing?
"It's okay, I'm fine." Her voice seemed strained. Her hand knocked her coffee and it spilled on her neat pile of papers and she swore under her breath before rushing to get some tissues.
"I'll help-!" I said wildly and grabbed some tissues too.

We both began to wipe up the coffee stain as her work friends exchanged a smile and carried the soggy papers away. We cleaned up the spill and we stood there awkwardly for a while.
"Do you want to buy some coffee? On your lunch break?" I held my breath.
"Okay!" She laughed before staring intently at me.

Time seemed to stop as we stared at each other. We didn't need to say anything as we knew what each other was saying. I love you.




© Copyright 2011 R.A.W.R.B.O (r.a.w.r.b.o at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1804891-A-Thousand-Words