*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1805143-Lost-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1805143
The telling of a hard time...
    It seems so long ago, but so close I can taste it. It slipped through my fingers before I knew what had happened. It was the perfect bliss... I was happier than I had ever been. And then, it went away... He went away. The laugh in my voice, the sparkle in my eyes, and then smile on my face... It all left me when he went away.
    Those dark brown eyes that I could get lost in for hours were suddenly no more. Those lips I would linger on as long as I could were suddenly not there. Those arms that would be wrapped around me forever had suddenly vanished. I could say I didn't miss them, but it would be the largest fib anyone could have ever made.
    We are just kids in school. How do we know what love is? If I had to bet my last heart beat on it that we were in love though, I'd win that bet easily. At that moment, my heart beat for him, my blood ran hot for him, and my eyes only saw him. He was everywhere to me.
    Then one frightful day, it had all slipped away. My heart stopped and squeezed. My eyes stop sparkling with happiness. My smile faded to a frown. He said it was over and felt my heart split right down the middle. I fell to the floor in agony and couldn't get back up... I'm still not back up all the way...
    Time had passed and then pain subsided a little... Every time I would see his face, my face's hue turned a dark shade of red, my heart beat picked up and went 100 miles an hour, and my blood raced through my veins. Every time those dark brown eyes would meet mine by accident, a wave of emotions submerged me, leaving me breathless and faint.
    If it was possible to turn back the hands of time, I would have never said yes to his question. I would have never let his lips meet mine for the first time. I would never let myself stare into his dark brown eyes for hours on end. I'd take it all back just to save this nostalgic heartache I feel right now. I never wish to forget meeting him, though... He was the best part of me. He was my fire in the dark... and without a fire, you cannot experience love.
    I will finally say that word that linger on my lips. It is trying to escape, but I bite my tongue and be quiet. That one word that I already feel coming again. I brace myself and stare him right in the eyes. They sparkle back at me and make me grow a bit weak. What will I say? That word that I am going to regret: Goodbye? Or will I keep on trying? Try or goodbye?

© Copyright 2011 Katelyn Gregory (inspiritor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1805143-Lost-Love