*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1807495-SCREAMS-FIRE-DEVASTATION
by LAM
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1807495
The terror of threat of fire. The total devastation that can occur in a dense wooded area
A frantic boater arms in the air
screaming “fire” there over there.
Above the roaring sound of the motor it was difficult to hear.
I followed to where he was pointing now you could see
Flames ablaze moving quickly above the trees.
Terrified for the safety of the lives of the people in side.
I ran to go for help and to make a 911 call.
Fire in the woods is one’s worse nightmare due to weeks of little rain.
People running in every direction to be able to do what they can to help.
The shrill sound of the fire truck in the distance would soon be here.
Another dilemma that was on everyone’s mind was the difficulty of the truck
making it down a very narrow dirt road densely overgrown by trees and bushes.
The firemen arrived on the scene they wasted no time.
The hoses were grabbed from the truck the firemen stuggled through thorn filled bushes.
Bare arms bloody from deep scratches left from the thorns.
An extreme unbearably blistering day.
Everyone in the camp walked away.
Tedious hours spent fighting the life threatening ominous flames.
Billows of black smoke were seen for miles hovering about the scorched tree tops.
The weary firemen began rolling up the heavy hoses.
They wiped their sweaty faces .
Everyone saddened.
The camp destroyed total devastation.
© Copyright 2011 LAM (dilligaf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1807495-SCREAMS-FIRE-DEVASTATION