*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1808947-Rosalie
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Dark · #1808947
This is a tid bit of the story I've been working on. Let me know what you think.
Rosalie

         
         Hell found me. It was bound to happen sooner or later. I knew I couldn’t run for ever. They knew how to find me. I tried everything to keep them off my trail.
         I had nowhere else to run. There was no one to turn to for help. For 3 years I’ve been running, running scared for my life.
All I have ever wanted was a normal life and I could never have one. Who was I kidding anyway?
         The demon angels were on my trail. I knew something wasn’t right when the tall guy in the trench walked into the restaurant. He had a distinct smell only another demon angel could pick up. Even the aromas of bacon and eggs couldn’t cover it up. It was like an acidic and sweet smell which burned your nostrils when drawing air. I didn’t even have to look at him; I knew instantly what he was.
         The only thing standing between trench guy and myself was the counter, not much of a barrier considering his strength and powers. I froze. I looked around the restaurant; so many innocent lives were at risk. So many souls would be lost all because of me. There was no way to avoid a blood bath; once the powers were unleashed everything in its path would be obliterated. How do I avoid the senseless loss of lives? If I ducked he would open fire instantly. If I called forth my powers the blood bath begins.
         Carefully, I leaned over to my right where the coffee machine sat and grabbed the coffee pot. One of the regulars sat just inches away from me. I reached over to him with the coffee pot.
                   “How’s your coffee Phil, would you like it warmed up?”
                   “Sure sweetie, I could think of other ways you could warm me up but coffee will do.”He flirted.
         Instead of filling the customer’s cup, I purposely dropped the pot. Coffee splattered all over the counter, me and the customer. The burnt smell of coffee permeated the air. I reeked like coffee beans but it was well worth it to save my life.
                   “Oh I am so sorry; I am so clumsy today.”I pretended to wipe at the spill splashing more of the liquid onto myself.
         Trench guy looked in my direction. Flaring his nostrils trying to pick up my sent again, but the smell of coffee hid my sent. It wasn’t a genius idea but it bought me time. Demon angels were powerful but their minions were blind as a bat.
I dropped to the floor behind the counter, managed to sneak to the kitchen and out the back door.

         There they stood surrounded with their minion’s .Maximus, Lucas and Corvinus, the demon angels that hunted me down for years. Right then I knew I was not going to make it out of here in one piece.

                   “Rosalie. Did you really think you could get away so easy?”Maximus stood full of himself, his demon wings spread out in full glory gold and shimmering with the street light shining down over him. It made him look more menacing then he was actually. He was really enjoying himself. I could see the hurt still in his eyes. What I had done to him he would never forget.
                   “Cut the niceties Maximus; let’s get on with what we came to do.”Corvinus snarled in my direction. Oh he was out for blood. I could tell he still stung from my rejection. Being the only female demon angel of the clan was a very difficult position.
                   “Relax Corvinus, you will get what you want patience my brother.” Smiling, Lucas glared in my direction. “She’s not in a position to go anywhere.”
         He was right. If I ran now, there was no way I would make it. Resigning to my position my shoulders slumped. But I wasn’t stupid enough to give up. There was no way I was going back. They would have to end my life first.
                   “What, you have nothing to say sweet Rosalie?” mimicked Corvinus. The words like venom pouring from his mouth.
                   “What’s there to say? How much I’ve missed you? Not.” The last time I spoke to Corvinus was to tell him that I would rather die than to be bond to him. Of course he didn’t take that very lightly. Our bond would seal his future in the clan making him the most powerful and feared demon angel. Once a female is bond to a male demon angel, the female passes her powers to her mate. There was no way I was going to give up my rightful powers to any male. I am the true leader, but a woman was not allowed to rule unless there were no other leaders to take the place.

                   “Enough of this time wasting.” Corvinus shuttered his wings bringing them to full expansion, they were beautiful. His wings were the color of a pearl and iridescent with pastel colors.

         They were ready for a fight. They knew that I wasn’t going to give in. It was blood they came for; with me dead then one of them could take the place of the leader. The runner up was Maximus. He knew that too, that’s why he encouraged the wrath of the others. He would stand back and allow the others to slaughter me, why break a sweat.
                   “You can try Maximus, I know what you’re after and as long as there is breath in my body you will never get what you covet.”
                   “Well my dear if that’s the only way, then so be it.”

         I saw it from the corner of my eye. Lucas opened his wings and hurled himself in my direction.
         To the human eye, it just looked like lightning streaks flying across the dark sky. But it was a fight for survival. The minions were relentless, and I parried each and everyone. I called forth all my powers. My wings in full regalia, they spanned the length of half a block. They knew they could not defeat me one on one, that’s why they armed themselves with hundreds of minions and using all the power they could muster.
         I took a few good hits but I wasn’t going to give up. When I looked down, I could see the ground littered with lifeless minions. Lucas clutched at his side; I could see the pain in his eyes. I got him good. Now if only the other two would back off. They hit me with all they had but I stood my ground.
         I felt my energy wane, this wasn’t good. The gashes across my torso were deep, I had one last resort. Straightening my body and reaching up to the sky I called upon the forces to give me more strength. Just as I brought my head down to my chest for the quickening, the sky lit up. I was blind for a few seconds. The energy that poured into my body was paralyzing.
When I straightened out again, the three demon angels stood in mid air awestruck. I felt it before I saw it. The force of power that erupted from my body shot forth violently ripping through each demon angel. They dropped like flies. Each one dissipated into thin air along with their minions. They would never bother me again.
         It was over for now, but it would ever be over.






© Copyright 2011 GypsyRose (pandora27 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1808947-Rosalie