*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810654-Wild-Rose-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1810654
What will happen when Ari finds her town under attack? Her crush gone forever?
Chapter one


Chaos...why must there be so much chaos? Well, I'll answer that for you. In these times, everyone wants land. So what do they do? They cause war. My name is Ari, and I'm 16 years old, but I'm about to be 17 in a couple months. I'm homeless, my father died at war and my mother died while giving birth to me. I was raised up to a fair age and then thought...why don't I just live alone! Less of a burden and more time to read and write. What I don't understand is: why is it considered a bad thing for a lady to be educated!? But! I don't care, I don't care what the townsfolk think of me, I only do it for myself.

Everyone is in hysteria and panic, just because that strange mercenary army out there is taking over land...big time. It's like their a band of pirates, but they're kinda on their own will...taking over what they please, what a bunch of idiots. But I believe in Prince Marth, I know he will keep this kingdom alive. Prince Marth is the current heir, the king died of some strange disease...he was gentle and kind, but I'm sure Prince Marth is like that too. I have to admit...he's extremely handsome. I knew that he will keep us safe from that army, I have heard that the leader of that army is a man..no...rephrase that, a young man, no more than 20! His name haunts this town day and night, people are afraid that if they say his name he'll pop out of nowhere, what a bunch of babies! I say we do our best to hold back that army! I have faith.

Today is peaceful for some reason, the townsfolk are all in their homes calm and peaceful. Of course there are a few people here and there but most of them are inside resting...it's just one of those days. I've decided to write a new song in my book, I head outside into the bright blue sky. Clouds miles and miles around, fluffy and inviting. I walk past the baker's and the silk trader, I don't see why...but I've been known as a beauty around these parts, but I'm also known as a sin. Why? Because I educate myself, delightful. I never really paid any attention to how I look, but I most say I am rather pretty...it doesn't really matter though. I hum along the street with paper and graphite in my hand ready to begin writing the lyrics to my new song any moment now, I don't dare stare up because I know about all the looks that people are giving me but I push past that anyway.

I sit next to a fountain delightfully making up my lyrics, singing them from time to time to myself. I heard the Prince was suppose to come out and meet the townsfolk today. I'm actually sitting right next to the castle but really no one passes by here other than the guards and well....me. The Prince is sure to pass by here, but what am I to worry about, nothing really, I'll just continue on with the song. I twist a lock of my black, long and curly hair and blink my big brown eyes in concentration. The last line, that's it, and I'll be finished with the new song! I got it! Finally! Just as I rejoice in my new accomplishment the wind blows and the trumpets sound, the Prince is coming out on his horse and my lyrics fly out of my hands, I gasp and chase after them, attempting to run in heels and a dress. I groan when I lost sight of my papers, I turn around a corner towards the front entrance of the castle and stop dead in the middle, "Oh no!"I whisper in fright, the papers were gently clutched in the Prince's hands, and he was reading them! I bite my lip, slowly watching his face. The guards curious to know what could have made the Prince's attention stir. A smile appears on his face and then he smirks, I begin to gather up all my courage and begin to slowly walk towards the Prince and his horse. Now, what do you think a couple of guards and knights do when they see a pretty young lady or just about any other lady walk down in their path? They bow, I tried my best to smile and curtsy but my real aim was to get those lyrics as fast as I could. Finally I approach the Prince, every limb in my body shakes. Prince Marth looks down at me in wonder, I quickly look down at the ground and curtsy, "Y-your highness.." my stuttering over took me quicker than I thought, so I quickly shut my mouth. I hear rustling as he gets off his horse, my attention is still down at the ground, then I hear his voice. So silky and smooth, "Please look up. It is not needed to curtsy that long." I look up and blush, am I really that obvious? His blue, dark blue hair catches the breeze and swishes around and I couldn't help but notice his dark blue eyes. Marth's whole outfit was basically amazing and princely, I learned that he was 18 years old, and now that I notice...he's pretty tall too. Yikes. Oh! And my music sheets, oh! This is embarrassing! "Did you write these songs yourself?" I look up at his face and nod, "Yes, your highness." I look around and then blush once more, attracting too much attention! I hate being center of attention! "They're beautiful, just as you." I bring my attention back to him with a sprinkle of shock on my face, "Huh..oh! Um, t-thank you?" He smiled and handed me my music lyrics, I bowed and said, "Allow me to take my leave your highness." I nod and then swerve on my heels, getting ready to walk away.

Just as I am about to walk away, he quickly catches my hand and I snap my head back towards him, he smiles back towards him and he smiles and asks,"What would your name be, miss?" I stare at him in shock for a little and then snap back to reality. "Oh..that would be Ari." He smiled and shook my hand, "It was a pleasure to meet you, Ari, before you leave, would you sing this song for me?" I debate on it, and really I can't deny his highness. "O-of course, your highness." I have memorized every word of that song and I also have been told that my voice is like a siren's, stunning and memorizing. I begin to sing, my eyes closed in concentration. It feels like there's no one around here to judge me, to tell me to stop singing, soon the Prince joins. I open my eyes in shock but continue to sing, the guards look at each other in amazement. He really has a nice voice, we both end the song with a long note. I look up at him and he smiles delightfully, "You sing beautifully, Ari." I nod and reply, "As do you, Prince Marth." I look up at the sun, "Isn't it about time for you to meet the townsfolk, your highness? And really, I must get going." The Prince snaps out of his trance and nods, "Yes, your right, would you like me to drop you off?" He points to his horse, I shake my head, "Oh no! It's ok, I have to go do a few errands before I go home...but thank you." I smile and begin to walk off. That was the most amazing experience of my life! Well, so far. I walk through town finishing my errands (jobs) and end up earning 7 gold coins. Not bad! It affords me plenty, The Prince's horse trots through the village, but soon, there is not time to smile. For there are invaders.







© Copyright 2011 Mano Lee (rameneater123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810654-Wild-Rose-Chapter-1