*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810663-Wild-Rose-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1810663
Now that the town is under attack.What what will happen to it? What will happen to her?
Chapter 2


Everyone is screaming, people are falling and getting hurt. I feel like everything is going in slow motion...houses catching on fire, cannons being fired, arrows flying, knights clanging. I snap back to reality and see a helpless little girl call for her mother, her mother is being taken away! Why now? The army everyone has been talking about has finally arrived. I begin to run towards the girl in my dress and heels, I yell to her, she's crying. Keeping her close I yell over the noise, "I'm going to get your mother back. I promise!" The towns people are being directed away from the battlefield, I tell her to follow the people, I made a promise and I'm going to get that girl's mom back! The few townsfolk, which were only about 5 were caught prisoners by those stupid bandits. I stand on a roof above the prisoner's area and look around, the coast's clear. I carefully climb down the roof and shrink against the wall, I can't believe I did this in a dress and heels!

It has gotten pretty dark, but I adjust to it pretty quickly. I hope Prince Marth is ok...there's still a lot of fighting going on, but that's near the castle. I shrink around the house towards the prisoners, I walk up to them and they beg for help. I nod and quickly hush them, "I'm here to help you, but you must remain quiet." I whispered. They are all tied to a post with some strong rope, but I don't have anything to cut it loose with! I feel a hand on my arm, it gripped tighter and tighter I gasped and turned around, it was one of the army's guards. He was only a peasant, no armor, just a sword. He smirked and pulled me closer, "Looks like I caught a rose!" I glared at him and then suddenly kicked him where it hurts, he yelped and then fell to the ground in pain, "He's not having any kids.." I whisper, I get a grip on his sword and cut the rope to free to prisoners. Quickly hushing them, we began to slink around the guard in pain, he gets a grip on my ankle and I kick him in the face with my heels. He wails in pain, "Haven't you learned your lesson?! Wild roses are dangerous." I smirk and then we all head towards a secret underground entrance.

No one knows about this place, only the Prince, his knights, and the townsfolk. This is where they are hidden, the first person I see at the entrance is that girl, she's so happy to see her mother. I smiled and they both blessed me, closing the entrance to the hidden area I begin to slink around looking for more people in need of help. An arrow flies past me and I keep my gasp inside of me, I listened closely...yelling, clanging, screams, this is the battle arena. I see the last of the army get killed, this was too much, I close my eyes from seeing the bloodshed. Prince Marth sees me in the distance and I yell, "Your highness!" He begins to run towards me, but suddenly a piece of cloth goes over my mouth and my hands are being tied together. I try to scream but I'm being held back by an elite guard, he's an enemy. I recognize the people materializing behind me and the guard. Marth stares in shock then his face grows into extreme anger. I stare helplessly at him, if only I could do anything, everything grew quiet as the leader walked out from among them. He was as tall as Marth, and I couldn't help but notice his full, golden two handed sword, it was just so big. His cape was tattered and he smirked at Marth. I stared at them, he finally spoke, Marth that is. " Let her go, this instinct." I shook my head, I wanted to scream, to tell him that it was alright...I'm just a peasant, but I already know he doesn't think like that, he cares for his people. That's it, I can't stand this, I know this is going to hurt me but I do it anyway. I slam my head back and it hits the guard right in the nose, he wails out in pain and I quickly free my hands and scramble up on a roof above them. I ripped off the cloth from my mouth and smirked, "Leave this kingdom now!"

My head is throbbing like crazy, it feels like it'll start bleeding any moment now, am I really that sensitive? I don't care, they must pay for the damage thy did to this kingdom. The young leader shook his head and looked up at me, "Tsk. Fiesty young lady, I didn't even know we had a prisoner, where are the others?" Before anyone could answer, I replied for them, "I freed them." He looked away from his crew and stared up at him, resting his big long sword on his shoulders. "Well, I guess we got a heroine to deal with." His crew let out a chuckle and suddenly...he disappeared only to have somersaulted up onto the roof. I gasped and watched my step, he was going to grab my hand but Marth was there, standing in front of me with his sword held out in front of him. I began to plead, "No your highness! You should get back to the castle and protect it!" He glanced at me from the side of his eye and smirked, "I couldn't just leave you in distress..." The young leader positioned his sword in front of him, ready to fight. "Enough chitter-chatter. Guys, get the girl, I got this one." Marth whispered, "You have to get off the roof...wait! You'll get captured." I smiled and replied, "I'll manage a way out." I climbed down and watched the sword fight above, Marth's sword was special...it was like magic. It was passed down for generations, their fight was like a blur you couldn't see anything.

I turned to face the crew, I knew I couldn't get out of this one. "Stop fighting! Just take me away will you?!" They all stared at me with surprised looks, I looked up at the roof. They had stopped fighting to stare at me too, the leader jumped down and smirked. I looked up at the sorrow-filled face of Marth, I smiled and said, "Your highness, I'll be fine...but you must do your job, protect the people and save your castle, for me. I promise I'll come back." The Prince carefully jumped down in front of me, "You know, I have had my eye on you for a while and I thought I would never stop looking at you, your voice...just as beautiful as you. I feel like I have fallen for you, and we have just met." I looked down and smiled, "Your highness, there are many more girls out there, you'll find another." He put his finger under my chin and lifted my face up, "No...I won't, so promise, you'll come back." I couldn't speak, I just nodded. He leaned in and kissed my forehead, "Soon Ari, soon." I nodded once more, "Soon.." the guards grew impatient and tied my hands together again and started to pull me away, I gave him one last smile.
© Copyright 2011 Mano Lee (rameneater123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1810663-Wild-Rose-Chapter-2