*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811291-Krsna-suryudu
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Comedy · #1811291
A story about a snarky teenager and a cheery kid being recruited as strange action girls.
Standing  in front of her entrance door, Kuroe was waiting for someone with an undefined unpleasant feeling in her gut. Just in case, this turning 17-in-November girl had her "angry and dangerous" look on. That was certainly saying something, as she was 6'5'', muscular, with big, icy blue eyes, and her "angry and dangerous" look said more "I just kicked a kid 5 meters down the street" than anything else. Still, Kuroe thought of herself as a nice girl... until provoked, of course.
The person who was to provoke was coming down the street, when she caught the stare. Helia was a month and a half shy of 10, 5'4'', and as luck would have it, currently holding a cage with a rather large brown rat. She just couldn't help herself; she wanted him since their first encounter 2 days ago. So, Helia took her roommate's money, and now was to be subjected to something akin to pouring hot oil over her body.
- Hello, Kuroe...- maybe if she calls it Kuro-chan?
- Are you.. that?! THAT?! Are you using that for lab experiments?
- Um.. No?
- Oh, I know! You're testing to see what kind of disease we can get!
- Jimmy is a pet!- Kuroe didn't deserve to get a pet named after her.
- Jimmy! For a rat! Better call it Gregory.- that sarcasm was mean.
-OK.. Kuro-chan?- That idea crept up again. Bad choice.
- OVER! MY! LIFELESS! DEAD! BODY!
    Kevin was taking his usual stroll towards Kuroe's house. He met her when he was 9 and new in town, and he knew (and liked) her, as Kevin  was pretty much one of the only people to willingly interact with Kuroe. Today, however, was a little different, in that loud yells were coming out of the house. Never the one to be discouraged, Kevin barged in.
-Hey girls!
-Hey Kev!- said Kuroe cheerfully. Kev was one of her 2 best friends, her house was practically his too, and no matter how much she claimed to hate him, he cheered up her life.
-I heard you were discussing... rats?
-Yeah.. and we've reached a truce... right Kuroe~?- asked Helia innocently, while throwing a menacing glance pointed  at her sturdy wooden pole, which stood by the closet.
- Yep... Claude gets to stay... By the way, Kev... Why did you bring that cardboard box with you?
Kevin laughed. It was a part of his plan. The thing was, Kevin constantly lacked money, and constantly had to take part-time jobs ( sometimes 2-3 at a time) to make ends meet. And  his latest was...
- Oh, my boss gave it to me... I came here right from work, you know?
- You're strangely evasive.... I know what this is... IT'S PORN!
- What kind of troll logic are you using now? I'd tell you if it were porn... heck, why would my boss let me take porn home?
- For promising to marry his spinster daughter? Besides, you'd tell ME if it was porn, but not in front of a 10 year old kid... But when I publicly acknowledge it being porn, you can confess.
- It's just some music.. Here, I'm letting Helia see it.
- Hey! I couldn't find this anywhere! Can I take it?
- Nope, sorry. MY BOSS, Kuroe, GAVE THIS SO I CAN SORT IT OUT AT HOME, BECAUSE I DIDN'T DO IT AT WORK! I'll give you the address, though, so go there tomorrow, OK?
                                            TOMORROW

- Hey, I'm back!
- Oh, thank god.. This.. this girl is making me do strenuous exercise... She wants the rat to do it, and me to set the example..
- Nah... Just wanted to screw with you. Now that I have my CD... You've outlived your usefulness.- Helia loved nothing more than to screw with people.
-Yeah.. The useless one here is grabbing something to eat.. coming, Kuroe?
-Yes!
A blond little girl put her CD in the player, and took the rat. It was the beginning of a wonderful friendship.
                                   
                                          SIX DAYS LATER

And this was the end of it.
- Kuroe! Where's Claude?- Helia practically started to cry.
- I don't know... Maybe he got too large for his cage and ran away?- That was true. The rat has been getting bigger and bigger at an abnormal rate. That's genetic modification for you, Kuroe thought.
- Well, if that's true.. could you please look for him around the town?
Kuroe sighed. Their town was not that small, but she feared the consequences if she didn't comply. Luckily...
- Hey ladies and ladettes!
- Kev! For once, right in time. Look, I have a proposition...
- No can do, Kuroe. Kev will get lost. If I said you. I MEANT you. Pretty please?
- Fine... Kev, look for the rat around the house, will you?
Pretty unwillingly, Kuroe went out of the house. Now, she thought while walking, where to start? She decided to go to the pet shop where Helia must've bought the rat; even if she bought another one, is there a difference? Still, 10 year old girls somehow know ( kind of like mothers of twins know which kid is which), so it wouldn't hurt to actually search a litt...  THUMP.
In front of her was a girl who looked scared stupid. The unpleasant feeling in Kuroe's gut started to resurface...
- What happened?
- I... rat... two blocks ahead... I think people are dead...
Fully knowing that this is the stupidest and probably the last thing she will do, our brave hero Kuroe marched ahead. Someone probably called the police, so she had to kill the creature until they come and find out that it belongs to a slightly dangerous 10 year old.

-Kev... anything yet?
-No...  I think it's not in the house.. - neither was Kuroe, and she went out about 3 hours ago. Kevin searched the house 6 times, and he was certain that the rat was somewhere in town. 3.5 hours. He tried contacting her cell 3 times... nothing.
- Heck, even if she went to buy crack, it wouldn't take as long....- he thought to himself.
- Helia? I'm going to go search for her.
- I'm going too. I'm more capable than you!- that was true, and even if Kevin would rather if his best friends' 10 year old roommate didn't go with him, he had to comply.
- OK... but bring the pole.

The cat looked at Kuroe. Kuroe looked at the cat.
- Fight? Me? Talk? You?
- I thought we've already established that...- said the cat, somewhat irritated.- You're supposed to fight the forces of evil, in the name of the moon, you know the shtick.  I even have some... magical girl clothes, if you're into that "standing half naked on the street" thing.
- Kuroe! You're alive! We've seen that... THAT IS CLAUDE?!- Helia asked. Great.... Just what Kuroe needed to make up her day. Helia. Witnessing her talk to the cat. Who talks.
- And here is your couple.
- My what?!
- You action duo.. if you wish.
- What a cute kitty... You talk? What's an action duo?- And so the cat explained to her that they're supposed to fight the forces of evil (or something), that he comes from an agency recruiting girls who fight them (they seem to appear everywhere), and introduced his boss, a tall man (called S) wearing an ominous gold mask.
- The mask is a necessity, sorry, and he doesn't really talk, so I'll translate- said the cat.
- Well, if we can fight Claude, that's good, because Kev got hit by its tail...- said Helia cheerfully.
- Why didn't you say that?! OK, cat, we'll fight, but only this time, fine?
- We'll see about that... So, wanna change into these cute clothes?
- No!- said Kuroe. Helia didn't argue, which was a good thing, because Kuroe's "cute clothes" looked like a stripper's outfit.
- Just one more thing... Pick a card- The cat was pointing at S, who was holding about 30 cards.- The card you pick contains your power.
The girls picked their cards.
- Darkness- said Kuroe.
- Ice- said Helia.
-Good! That's it, then. It was really too much of a drag to make you have your powers within you... and this way, you can pick! Now, bash that rat!

-Kuroe? Do you have any clue?
- Nope... But I'll try.- Kuroe waved her hands, and something dark green came out of them and hit the rat on the head. He looked dazed.- Now you try.
Helia stared at the rat for a while,and he kind of started to freeze. - Together, now?- Something which looked ominously like an olive slush came out of their "combined powers". Still, the rat was hit... and positively dead.
-Good job!
- Hey, how come the people didn't try to run away... or kill us?
- I have powers.. To them it looked like the rat died on it's own. That way, you don't have to worry about hiding. Now, pick up your friend... By the way, he was knocked out while this happened, so I don't know if my powers worked on him... Ask him!
Kevin felt hung-over. Kuroe came up to him and asked him something...What does this girl want?!
-Huh?
- Good, then.
- Well, girls and guy, until next time, I'll be at S's house... See ya!
The "girls and guy" had no idea what happened, so they figured it'd be for the best if they acted like nothing happened.  Yeah right...

© Copyright 2011 Coldthing97 (coldthing97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1811291-Krsna-suryudu