*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812186-Envy
Rated: 18+ · Other · Adult · #1812186
It swallows you whole.
Beautiful, she was, like a Michealangelo painting. Full, sexy lips, curves that would make any woman jealous, skin like the driven snow. Her hair reminded me of gold, her eyes, like the shimmering blue of sapphires. Ah, how I wanted her. I suppose I should start off this story telling you everything from the beginning.... But I'm afraid.... She knows. She's always known. Greed always comes with a price... And it swallows you whole.



I guess I should start this story by saying that I, for one, caused this whole mess. I was captivated, spellbound, whatever the authors of todays best sellers call it. She was divinity's creature, her beauty knew no bounds. I should've known. Nothing that beautiful comes without baggage, ever. I saw her while I was walking down a busy street, and my heart stopped beating. Her beauty knew no bounds, and I knew I had to have her. You're probably wondering what sad sap is writing this tale.... Truth be told, my name isn't important. Call me whatever you like. It's her who holds importance in this story, it is she who you should worry most about, but if you must, call me Sparrow. I saw her there, standing in the street, lips curved into a vivacious smile, eyes giving me a come hither stare, and oh, was I snagged. She disappeared between traffic, and I figured I would never see her again. But she was there, in my apartment complex, walking into a second floor room. I had to know her name, so I ran down the hall before she fully entered her room, and asked.

"Please, I have to know your name. I saw you outside today, and I haven't been able to forget you... So can you please tell me? Set my mind at ease?"

  A chuckle escaped her lips, and she gestured for me to follow her inside.

"My name? Are you sure?"

She reached down and felt what lay between my legs, and a moan escaped my lips at the unexpected gesture.

  "My name is Envy... And you are mine."



Days passed. Weeks passed. Everything I did, I did for her. All of it. That first night, she fucked me. It wasn't love making, it wasn't sex. It was that....fucking. Then she asked me to take care of some problems for her. I promised, no, swore, I would. I told you I was under her spell....I committed every foul act in her name... Envy told me to kill an old lover of hers, James, and told me where to find him. Gave me the knife, told me I had no worries of being found out. So I went to his home... I found him in front of his tv, relaxing after work. I slit his throat... He caught my reflection in the tv screen as he died, then saw me in his final moments as I stabbed him repeatedly in the chest, stomach, and penis. Bloodied, exhausted, and ready to be in her arms, I fled. Envy embraced me as soon as I walked in the door, her white shirt staining red from the dead man's blood. Apparently murder was her turn on, because that night was wild. Week after week, she gave me a new name, a new home, a new murder. I would have done anything for her, as long as I had her. Then... I saw her leading someone else into the apartment. After 4 months, she had someone else. That's when it all clicked into place. I'm next, you see. All those men.... Were all men she had wrapped in her web. And now, she's after me. How do I know this? I set my bed up to look like i was sleeping last night. When I came back, my house was a mess, my bed had stab marks, and my door was forced. She also called the police and told them of my crimes, they have my clothing and the weapon as evidence. I saw my face on thenews tonight. I know they have a tracer on my laptop, and I can hear the police outside my door, knocking, insisting I open up. But I had to tell you, you see. Envy is coming. And she won't stop till she's satisfied. She won't stop till she's swallowed you whole.
© Copyright 2011 Charlot (charlot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812186-Envy