*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812751-Soul-Searching
Rated: 13+ · Other · Dark · #1812751
If the Devil won. . .
Dangerous times are these, where you should not be out after dark. It is now the devil's playground, a place where the angels are no longer welcome. It is now a place where demons run free. Should be an easy decision whether or not to come out and play, but they say beware of temptation, the promises of great fortune. Just remember greed has its own price. But I say come, let us all play a game of hide and seek, tis a favorite of mine, for you shall hide your children, and I shall seek out their souls. Closing my eyes, I begin the countdown. Six hundred… Sixty... Six… Ready or not, here I come



She used to skip down a sunlit path, through the green willow trees, where the angels would sit and pray, singing out their praises as they watched her go by with no care in the world.

Now, she runs down that same moonlit path, through the wilting willow trees, where the angels used to sit and pray, whispering on edge as they watch her run by. What was once abundant and green is now a dark barren wasteland. She knows something evil lurks in the shadows.

She can hear them, and they whisper, “little girl, little girl, where do you run too? Don’t you know little girl, you will never make it home?”

She stumbles down a fire lit path, through the burning willow trees, where the angels now fight and pray, screaming out their war cries, as they protect her as she stumbles by. The wind gusts burn her tear streaked dirty face, her dark brown hair is full of rats and tangles.

She knows what danger lays in the fire pits, where the wraiths lurk and whisper, “little girl, little girl, where do you run too? Don’t you know silly girl, you have got nowhere to go?”

She walks down a lightless path, through the blackened willow trees, where the angels now silently hang. no longer anything, they stare down at her with lifeless eyes as she slowly walks by crying out to God, as the blood rains upon her from their broken wings.

She can feel what danger comes from the dark and hears his unmistakable giggle. Cold air hits her ear and she hears him whisper, “stupid girl, stupid girl, where do you run too? Don’t you know, you stupid girl, nobody is left to save you?”



© Tana Lee Buoy
© Copyright 2011 tanabuoy (tanabuoy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812751-Soul-Searching