*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812878-Demon-slayer-Chapter-4-The-first-kill
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Detective · #1812878
A story about a man trying to take on demons and defend that, which is precious to him.
         Margaret and Melinda had been quiet for the whole time and stayed quiet until the police arrived. The police asked for the testimonies of the three people that had seen the body: Alex, Melinda and Margaret. Melinda happily answered that it had been a demon. Even if reluctantly Margaret did the same thing. The police officer shook his head in disbelief. The last testimony was to be heard from Alex. "First off,", Alex began, "the crime was not done by a demon!" Melinda glanced at Alex with a devilish look. Alex continued, "The crime was done by a human being and I will prove it!"
         "First of all I spoke with Jerrid and then went back to the party itself about an hour before the body was found.", said Alex. The police officer asked, "Are you admitting you killed this man?", to which Alex replied with a stirr no. "Please listen to the solution of the crime until the end. When I left I talked to the principal for about an hour. In the meantime it was completely possible for the culprit to sneak into the room with the victim and kill him.The one who had a motive for killing my friend was Melinda, since she was about to be left alone by Jerrid!" Melinda shouted, "This is just speculation, besides since you were the last one to see him you are the most suspicious!" Alex smiled and said,"As of now it is just speculation, however now let's talk about how the murder was actually done. The murder weapon wasn't found in the room right?" The police officer said,"The murder weapon wasn't in the room, however we are still searching the outskirts and the rest of the school." Alex kept on smiling and said, "No need to look anymore. The murder weapon is still on the killer. In fact it is on the killer quite literally." Alex looked at Melinda and said,"Now who would actually ever wear such an expensive dress as this dress to a simple Haloween party. My answer is quite simple - in between the lining of such a huge dress you can easily stick a small metallic wire. After the murder all she had to do was clean it off and stick back in the lining, hence I would like to have the police check the dress." Since the dress was quite huge it took a while, but a thread was found. It was sent to the forensics lab.The last thing the police officer asked Alex was how did he know? "I just desperately hoped I was right", Alex replied.
         After everything was said and done Alex was going home and from behind noticed the demonic wolf approaching him. Alex turned around not with fear, but with eyes that simbolized words - about damn time. The wolf looked very weak when compared to before, in fact it was barely standing upright. Wolf said, "Why did you make the girl look like the culprit. It was I who did it!" "Because she did. All you did was make her think you did it. The events went as follows - she killed Jerrid, then seeking justification and after talking to you, she made herself think you overtook her body and killed Jerrid.", answered Alex. "That's exactly what I did! I overtook her mind and killed her friend." "Then one simple question - if you could just manipulate with the bodies of other people why didn't you just manipulate with mine and made me stop talking when I was talking to the officer or just kill me before! You know why you didn't? Because you can't possess others or interract with the actual world. You can only try to manipulate it's denizens! If you actually were a demon you might have the power to do that, but you don't! Alos this is the second time you have lied which proves that you aren't a demon!" The wolf stopped bearing his fangs at Alex and fell over, a huge puddle of blood was beginning to form below him. "You are close to winning Alex, but two last questions, first - why did I help Melinda?" "If I can believe in what Crimson says then you could devour everyone that ended up believing in you. Since you probably didn't want too much unnecessary attention, since you can still be killed if your true identity is prooved, you decided that three people would be enough, since you were doing this for survival as well." "You already have won then," the wolf said with a sad smile on his face,"but please tell me just one thing - what is my true identity? What is a shadow. I just want to know who I am, before I die..." "Crimson said you were a shadow, meaning that you were created from some kind of an original. Since I cannot completely exclude the supernatural factor from this point on in my life, it seems that you are some kind of a ghost of an actual demon. This is just speculation though." The wolf closed his eyes and Alex kept on going home.
© Copyright 2011 dahamsta (dahamsta at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1812878-Demon-slayer-Chapter-4-The-first-kill