*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1813411-CURSEDsnippet
Rated: 13+ · Other · Horror/Scary · #1813411
The eater of souls is born.
                                                                                        CURSED



Is this even possible? How is this even possible, I must be dreaming? But my hands there… Please God what’s happening to me? 

A ragged unkempt man pleads for understanding as the moon casts its milky white glow across the dark dank weed covered fields of Halismore cemetery, illuminating the face of this lonely prisoner of fate. A small gangly man in his late 30s prideful and arrogant now begs for his life as his words fall on deaf ears. He lay there praying for God to release him from his torment as he twists and turns writhing in pain as the lunar eclipse took precedence over the night sky.

God why is this happening to me the pain is unbearable? Please have mercy!

The cracking of bone and ripping of flesh danced across the stillness of the night as the beast awakens. Insane with the unrelenting pain the man watches as his hands swell and stretch into a form resembling that of a creature not of this world. His fingers fell from his palm one by one until there were only three left and out of them grew enormous razor sharp talons that painfully busted through his soft fleshy tissue. Falling to his knees he screams as his torso pops and twists growing larger by the second until his hulking figure rivals that of the mythological Minotaur of legends told. His legs began to break and force themselves into a devilish form mimicking the legs of a goat and his feet took the form of large brutish hands, grasping the earth like that of a gorilla. His eyes widened with agony as his head began to take shape and large horns grew from his skull as his face mutated into the very image of the devil himself.

Slowly he stood to his feet as the madness overtook him and his humanity faded, rage was all that was left nothing more. And in a flash the abomination was off on the hunt to satisfy his need for destruction… The eater of souls was born.



© Copyright 2011 Markese (microme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1813411-CURSEDsnippet