*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1813531-Famous-in-Vegas
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1813531
Adrian Frages finds out he is the last hope in survival for humanity against the knulden.
Adrian Frages was on his way to the rooftop pool in a hotel in Las Vegas. He was listening to the elevator music when at the 18th floor, an old woman stepped in she did not choose a floor, which struck Adrian as odd. He was about ask her what floor she wanted to go to but she interrupted him: "There is something I want to tell you." To which Adrian said "Alright, what is it?" The elderly woman just told him to wait, deselected the pool, and pressed on the basement. Adrian asked "What is it?" "You'll see." No one spoke after that until they reached the basement. Once they got to the basement, all Adrian saw were blue suits, helmets, utility bags, and assault rifles. The woman throws him a rifle and says "Follow me." She takes him through a door and he sees 10 or so men and women wearing lab suits and one says "So this is the newbie? Heh, he wont last an hour on the field." "Wait, what is this place? Could you explain it to me?" "Well fine, I guess I owe you an explanation. You see tomorrow, the world is going to go through something that we like to call E-Day. In other words, hell. We will be invaded by a race alien to us known as the Knulden." She handed him a picture. It stood about seven feet tall, had glistening black fur, foot long horns, a flat, six foot long tail, and it held a trident that coursed with deadly electricity and a mini gun . "You want me to fight back don't you?" Adrian asked. "What else? Oh and I almost forgot. If you declined, we would murder you, considering that you could spread the word." Adrian was excited. He had always dreamed of getting in armor, and fighting for his homeland. He eagerly accepted. They then sent him to a locker room with a pair of briefs. Adrian then witnessed the elderly woman pull of her mask to show a robotic head. Adrian said "Not what I expected, but it'll do fine. "Oh yes," said one of the labratorists, "well my name is Josh and this is Jack, our impersonator drone." To which Adrian responded "Just shut up and let me change before I decline." He then headed into the locker room, which was the first room of the basement he had seen. "He's a smartass, but I like him" said Josh. Once Adrian reappeared, everything was a blur. Josh introduced him to the procedure, which Adrian barely understood but summarized by Sophia, a young brunette. Basically, they would put him in a metal tube, release a gas that would make his muscles stronger, IQ higher, and enhance his senses. Adrian then stepped inside. The doors closed and he was stuck in pitch blackness. He then smelled the odorous gas. It smelled like a cigarette and burned his lungs too. This was painful but Adrian kept his calm. He was on the verge of screaming, but it was over in a matter of minutes. From the moment he stepped outside, his head hurt, his muscles were sore, and every breath took effort. He collapsed. He woke up an hour later, and feeling much better. Sophia gave him some coffee and he chugged it and thanked her. He walked over to Josh and Jack who were overlooking the test results. Josh glanced over at Adrian for a second with wide eyes, then looked away. He said "This is amazing," with awe in his voice. "go look in a mirror." Adrian went back to the locker room to look at a mirror. He had grown at least two or three inches, and his muscles really popped. Then jack the robot came up to him and handed him a jumpsuit and said "Go in the locker room to see if it fits. This is some high-tech battle armor." Adrian did as he was told and the suit fit perfectly. I was dark blue, black and contained some tints of red, and the helmet was of the same colors with a bright blue v-shaped visor. Jack also have him two M9 pistols with holster which he was to strap to his thighs, a M4 carbine with a red dot sight, laser pointer, bayonet and grenade launcher. "Time to train." said Josh.
© Copyright 2011 Cow Titan (cowtitan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1813531-Famous-in-Vegas