*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1814076-the-14th-dalai-lama
by jogles
Rated: E · Essay · Biographical · #1814076
the life and times of dalai lama
The 14th Dalai Lama was born in Tibet, at the time it was communist. As he grew he got more and more upset and angry. Later in his teens he realised he didn't want this he wanted and he decided it was time to leave. Although he didn't want to he was the leader of his religion and he needed to be safe. He travelled the world telling people of his situation. He has worked to free Tibet and his people. He has inspired many people and for his work he has won the noble peace prize.
This was because he never used violence he tried to solve conflicts with words first and he had never owned a weapon.

He was very happy in fact his exact words were
"I am very happy to be here with you today to receive the Nobel Prize for Peace. I feel honoured, humbled and deeply moved that you should give this important prize to a simple monk from Tibet I am no one special. But I believe the prize is recognition of the true value of altruism, love, compassion and non-violence which I try to practice, in accordance with the teachings of the Buddha and the great sages of India and Tibet"

he used this to boost his confidence when he was talking about his work to free tibet. he seemed overwhelmed. his holines had fulfilled all the areas to win the nobel peace prize. he used this prize to also show the tibeten government that he has powere over the rest of the world and he has
© Copyright 2011 jogles (jogles123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1814076-the-14th-dalai-lama