*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1815851-Johns-log
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1815851
In the most ancient dungeon on a magic world two adventures discover the following message
“Your god is not me, He is merely my shadow, or part of it.

Not to sound arrogant like, but I recon, -or realy suppose I ought to say reckoned since when this eventually plays I’m long dead. I reckoned that all of us who first entered this world ,at its beginning while it was most malleable, sporned gods to some greater or lesser extent and me the first of all and the shaper of the world in its infancy was bound to sporn the greatest god of them all. Grater than any other dozen gods you could think of put together not to be immodest about it. That’s your fault that is, you lot, the people of the “future”, not that it could ever have happed differently I can see now. after all I did go and create your universe, of corse I was going to attract a lot of attention.



But the thing is, truth be told I wasn’t best pleased about becoming any sort of a god, I wanted to stay me.



See I was the one to work out that the secret to creating a liveable new reality wasn’t to know everything about how to make a liveable reality but knowing how to make a reality who’s rules can change and which slowly alters itself to fit the expectations of its beholder. I was also the first to be able to make the transition into such a universe - the first beholder so it responded to me first and most powerfully.



When the others arrived the world started responding to them to as I had intended fit to there needs sustaining there body’s and then to there explications keeping them sain (or as close as some of them had ever been to it). The reality hear became more “realistic” as physics borrowed from another reality made its way to this via there memories. Animals, landscapes and even stars formed as it was felt they should.



But then something went wrong, the rules governing my creation weren’t perfect, something was braking the rule about time something originating form the perceptual morphing. I was lucky for some reason it started happening to others first, I’ll never forget what happened to poor Sulaima .



Anyway as there were more of us you’d expect each of us to start having less power, less say per-person in the shaping of the world right? But that didn’t happen – most of us got more and more powerful. Through observing what happed to the others I was able to work it out: the problem was you lot, you future bassterds come up with religion. Apparently your all going to expect there to be gods so my accommodating reality will start to produce what you think of as gods. None of which I have a problem with, but then you lot start to think that it was gods who shaped the world you know and since apparently you think time is unimportant to gods the vague deities you dream up manage to travel backwards in time to find us who really did shape the world. One by one I watched my friends change, the first to slay a wolf becomes The Hunter, the first to cry The Sorrowful. Some were arrogant and think they really have become gods abusing their “divine” powers freely, they were the first to lose there own will and personalities.



ButI see that as you in the future lern more about us you start to shape your creation myths to contain an element of truth and our shared mutable reality is responding by making your myths real and forcing them back into our time and onto us, we are not becoming gods, your gods are becoming us, and we’re not getting any say in the matter. We who were still ourselves tried to leave more accurate historical records of ourselves but it seems nothing can survive the passing of history without being altered.



I am lucky, although the process is strongest with me is also mysteriously slow, I did create your world but I am not yet your The Creator, not completely yet anyways. It is my mind which this reality first read to know that there should be air and water and that they should move yet I am not yet He Who Started The Wind And The Waves, for now I am still just Prof. John Cunberland the greatest physicist the K.A.R.A institute has ever known but He is not far away.

I see your suppistions closing in on me when I tern my eye- although they are invisible, I wake from dreams which no mortal mind could remember, I see all that is good in the world and know that it is done by My Divine Will

arrk! No!!



I don’t have much time left as myself, I must finish my plans soon.”

© Copyright 2011 owenbevt28 (owenbevt28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1815851-Johns-log