*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816455-How-to-survive-the-holidays
Rated: E · Other · Drama · #1816455
A choatic hunt for the colored treasure.
They started their hunt, early on a brisk spring morning. Armed with a basket and anxious to find their treasure, filled with various candies and prizes. Chaos arose as the children were released from the starting line. Onlookers watched the hunters gather armfuls of colored eggs and were placed in their basket while resting on a tablecloth with red and white stripes. They sprinted across the field spilling half of their basket on the way to one blue egg. One child tripped over a protruding tree root and his eggs became airborne. The parents watched as the field was rained on with various colored eggs and small candies as the child burst into tears crying over a skinned knee and scratches from a broken basket. The children paid no attention and continued to find their prey. Debris litter the once cleared field, and the hosts fed the hungry children with a large serving spoon, as if a reward for their chaotic hunt.
© Copyright 2011 aaronhyman (aaronh96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816455-How-to-survive-the-holidays