*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816854-Rush-Week
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1816854
Harris has a pledge who seems more like a plague. Winner Daily Flash Fiction 10/8/11!
“Harris, can you slow down a bit?”

“Farley, you need to keep up.  We don’t have that much time before tonight’s initiation.”

“I know, but this trunk weighs a ton.  What did you say was in this thing again?”

“I didn’t!  I just told you to help me take it down to the cellar.”

“Oh yeah, a cellar as black as night.  Stupid me for saying yes!

“Put the damn thing down for a minute and let’s get something straight.  You never really had a choice in the matter.  As a Delta Chi pledge, you have to do any and everything I tell you to do.”

“Okay!  I get it.”

“Now, hold it good.  I don’t want you dropping this thing on my foot just because of a mouse.”

“There’s … there’s mice down here?”

“Dude, how did you even get through rush week?  You’re a wimp!"

“I have other qualities, you know.”

“Like what?”

“Well … let’s just put this thing where it has to go, first.  This place gives me the creeps."

“Me too.  This is actually the first time I’ve come down here since I joined Delta Chi.”

---------------


“Farley, you can put it down now.  Our supreme leader Marcus said to leave it next to this old alter.  Who knows what’s in this thing.”

“You don’t know what’s inside?”

“No, Farley.”

“Harris, what would you say if I told you that I knew what was inside?”

“Does it have anything to do with your other qualities?”

“Actually it does.  Open the trunk, Harris.”

“It’s empty.  Did you know this?”

“Yes and no.  You see … it’s empty now, but soon your body will host this most sacred chest of Delta Chi.”

“What?”

“Harris, my talent is to kill.  You never had a choice in the matter.”



Word Count: 300
© Copyright 2011 anastasia beyverhausen (moisie75 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1816854-Rush-Week