*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818473-Sorrow
by Cody
Rated: · Short Story · Emotional · #1818473
a man that has cancer and asks his child to kill him
My father pressed the steely cold butt of the gun into my hand and whispered

“Kill me, please.”

“What for.” I began to ask.

“I have cancer in my lungs and the doctor said I only have month to live.”

I sat there crying my eyes out, asking god why couldn’t it have been me with the cancer. My father then told me, “if you wont do it, I will I rather be shot the to suffer with sickness with in me.”

I sat there thinking about what I should do and then said.

“Ok, ill do it.”

I then took the gun from out of his hand, cocked it back and hearing the sound of the bullet going into the chamber ready to fire. As I told him to close his eyes and pray one last time. He then opened his eyes. “I said goodbye and I love you forever”

And then I pulled the trigger. I blew his brains out; they splattered all on the wall. I began to scream and holler, I can’t believe this, my one and only father is now dead because of me. The phone then began to ring. I then answered it and the doctor said, “ sir, your father has no cancer, we mistook him with another person. I then hung the phone up. Picked the gun up and….
© Copyright 2011 Cody (cody2012 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818473-Sorrow