*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818488-A-picture
Rated: · Other · Adult · #1818488
A picture in the class
“It was just a year ago, just a year ago today, when the carnival was in town. Just like tonight. And I wonder to myself, am I other only one? Am I the only one? Am I the only one who can’t get this tragic memory out of my mind? Am I the only one who aches with sorrow from head to toe. Well I sure hope not. I sure hope this small town remembers the famous, stranger girl whose death was just a year ago today. Maybe they do, or maybe they don’t. I’m sure Jackie Fennel, the best-known gossiper in town, is catching up on more recent things. But all I can think about is that little girl, and what was going through her mind as she waited patiently to have a turn in the mirror house, But little did she know, She was in line for death. The mysterious stranger must be somewhere right now, not thinking about her or anyone else. Not even the poor mother, who influenced her child to be a “Big Girl” and go by herself. She just must blame herself. When she found her baby girl beaten to death, in a closet in that mirror house, oh she must’ve blamed herself. But she shouldn’t.”
© Copyright 2011 Kristen Pulley (kbp96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1818488-A-picture