*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1820583-Hobgoblin-wind
by Makr
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Folklore · #1820583
Free version of a Huarpes's legend, native people on the high plateau of the Andes range.
The wind came down the slope of the mountain in a rage! There was a thousand voices in its whisper and its howl!

People hid into their dwellings scared from the terrible destiny that would befall on them if the wind reaches their souls!

While humans cowed into their houses, the wind took possession of the little town on the shoulder of the plateau and gathered in whirl after whirl, all things loose and all those unfortunates beings who had not time to dive into their places.

For some hours there was only the crying of those spirits owned by the wind, lamenting their fate!

Then as suddenly as it began, the howling faded into the the painful muttering of the doomed, and the wind climbed back into the narrow valleys of the mountain losing its strength and burying its multiple voices in the silent massive range!
© Copyright 2011 Makr (makr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1820583-Hobgoblin-wind