*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1821242-Crabapple-Winter
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1821242
A rundown on my wip, Crabapple Winter.
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

I have a few chapters written for a mainstream novel I started this summer called Crabapple Winter. Like INFERNO, it to is different from anything else I've ever written. I've never done any mainstream writing before. With crabapple winter, I base my characters on family members, and it's really a great deal of fun. Bess is based on my paternal grandmother, who was quite a southern lady. I've put together a dubious plot, I'll admit, making scoundrels of my uncles, who used to like to think they were tough when we were all young. Maybe not this tough, though. Inserting murder into the family was an easy idea. I like to read fantasy, but a lot of the family reads murder mysteries. They may rue the day they ever gave me permission to write novels when I was a girl.
It's all rough draft. I'm busy coming up with a story and don't know if this one will hit the windshield and find the plot in need of salvaging at some point down the road, as I keep writing off the top of my head, or not. So far I'm having fun, but I'm not sure how all the angles tie in together yet. Sometimes you have to just trust your subconscious mind.
It's something I work on in my spare time, like INFERNO, and I don't have much spare time. But needless to say, I love the characters, even the ne'er-do-wells.
It does bring up some interesting matters that were a part of the old south I was raised in. My grandmother really did see schizophrenia as a form of spiritism. The days I grew up in are a part of recent history now, to be studied in school. I thought I'd write about them while they're present in my mind.
I hope you enjoy Crabapple Winter. It's a schizophrenic tale of murder and tribulation, of a dysfunctional family and a girl growing up in the south. Some of it is mildly autobiographical, but I've taken that and knit together a plot that I hope will be entertaining.
Thank you for your reading leisure.
Have some hot tea and make yourself at home.
© Copyright 2011 Robyn Wilde (kalaiope at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1821242-Crabapple-Winter