*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822685-You-must-choose
Rated: E · Short Story · Ghost · #1822685
I fish thinks of the option of flight over underwater breath. What will he choose.
A fish swam and swam for years until he grew old and died. Another fish swam and swam for years until the wrath of old age took over and he could no longer swim and died and was left for the other fish to tear him apart and use him as food. A third fish swam for years and years until one day he wondered what it would be like if he were given the option of flight, but if he had the option, he asked himself, would he choose to do so, would he leave the waves he asked himself and trade it for the wind? Would the he the corals for the mountains, the boats for the planes, and the sharks for the lions? It all seemed the same for him he deduced that it was a choice of leaving one problem for another, of having everything replaced with the same. So he swam into the belly of a shark for there were no buildings to jump off of, no knives, no guns, for in the belly of the shark none of which that disgusted him existed just the half digested organs and bones of past fish that he so thoroughly made comfort with. He knew it seemed peculiar to his fellow fish but to he was all the more comfortable alone with his thoughts to die slow.
© Copyright 2011 Peter Arcapelago (sortofsordid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1822685-You-must-choose