*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1823034-Climbing-Dreams
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #1823034
What happens to a girl who is haunted by a woman of Death?
Prologue:


         The streets were black. She stood there, still. A blackened figure. She seemed familiar. Long black hair, blood-shot eyes... the smell of death. She sang a song to herself. The melancholy voice echoing down the streets. There weren't replies other than the darkened silence. She took a step forward with her body covered with tattered clothing. She looked like she was abused. Her body was small and her bones showed in her arms and hands. She moved closer, her song getting louder and more haunting. There was a wonder of how she got there but thoughts were cut short by gunshots. Shot after shot echoed down the large street. The lights above got shot, the glass falling to the ground. After that there was nothing but silence. The girl disappeared from the light. Nothing lit up but the spot she was at. The moon was a new moon. There couldn't be any light but the street was visible. Where did the girl go? Turning around to see everything caused the world to go completely black. The girls song got louder as she got closer. She was soon in sight. She was different, almost older. How old did she get, one would wonder. She was abused past her childhood. She looked older than she was. She held her arms out as she sang. Her song kept the world awake when it should sleep. She made the world an insomniac. Why would this happen? Her smile came, though it was haunted. She wanted to torture the world the same way the world had tortured her.

Chapter 1:


         The room filled with darkness except for one light from the blinds. The moon shined through. A young woman, about 16, was sleeping in the bed. She woke up in the darkened room in a cold sweat. She was breathing heavily, terrified. She quickly flicked a switch by her bed and the room lit up. She looked around, slowly and cautiously. Footsteps and creaks echoed around her. Was someone in the house other than her? A stop of silence relaxed her, but she tensed up as the handle to her door turned. A guy walked in, about the age of 18, and stood there. “Are you alright? I heard screaming from downstairs,” his voice showed troubled compassion.
         She stood up, but almost instantly fell over. He ran to her and tried to catch her, but failed, watching her fall. He picked her up. “Sorry if I worried you nii-san,” she had a melancholy voice.
         Her brother hugged her. “Don't worry nene. I am here for you, even if it doesn't seem like it,” his voice was forgiving and somewhat glad.
         She held her arms tightly around him. She was shaking and breathless. She felt weird, as if something had gone into her body. She closed her eyes and looked up at her brother. “Nii-san? Have you had a dream where you were followed by someone and you had to climb for your life but ended up... I don't know.... dead?” her voice quivered and she whimpered slightly.
         He blinked. “Die in a dream? If that happened I would already be dead by now. You should lay off the midnight scavenge. It must be all going to your head.
         “But Alex!” Her voice whined slightly, wanting to not have a lecture from her brother.
         “No buts, now either try to sleep more or try to stay up and come with me. It's your choice sister,” Alex stated plainly. He swept her hair to the side of her face and left to simply get dressed.
         She got out of bed and rubbed her eyes. She walked to her closet and grabbed a pair of 70's pants (in black), a graphic T-Shirt (violet), a jacket to match her pants (black), and heeled boots (also in black). Her style was very plain to say the least with a few colours here and there. She walked outside towards her kitchen. She could her the girls voice from her dream. What could explain the haunted feeling she had? She felt as if her dreams would haunt her in her real life. Her dreams of a ghost girl in black would follow her anywhere she went. What did this girl want? She held her head due to a headache. Her dream caused her to think too much. She jumped when the phone rang. She picked it up. “H-h-h-hello?”
         “How are you scared by the phone ringing Krystl!? Also, how do you not check the caller ID before answering the phone!? Are you trying to get kidnapped?”
         Krystl sighed. “Don't lecture me Tyler, don't you have studies?”
         Tyler grumbled. “I have nothing left and I am stopping by for a while... a long while. Don't ask, just make sure there is food for me when I get there. Maybe a pie too”
         She grumbled slightly as she sighed, annoyed. “Fine brother. Just don't annoy me to death!” She hang up the phone before he could give any objection.
         Alex looked at her, questioningly. She simply looked at him with a dead stare. “He's coming..... Tyler is on his way here.”
         He tensed up and he started to run around the house, looking to anything too personal. “Not good nene! He will empty this house out!”
         She sighed and simply walked to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. “come on, don't stress. He isn't that bad. Just relax and we can live through him being here,” she gave him a smile that she hoped would calm him down.
         Alex stared at her. “fine, but if he decided to do anything stupid or decides to hurt you he is out o-u-t out!”
         She sighed and looked at him. “Fine, brother,” she was clearly not ready for the so called family reunion. She dreaded it more than anything at the moment.
         Of everything that happened that day, nothing was good. She had made a mess and she had gotten into a fight. She figured, what else is new. She seemed distracted by something, or she was depressed. Nonetheless she was just creeped out. She didn't like how the dream she had was making her go nuts. She sighed as she sat at her table. She started to type on her laptop. She was getting troubled, time passed by slowly. She had written something that she hoped no one would see, or they would think she was crazy.

Dream Log: December 23, 2035
The girl was there again. She was singing the same song.
I wish I knew what I was to do, but she keeps following me.
The girl was still, DEAD. I think I might need
to see the doctor again. I hope I can find someone
who doesn't think I am crazy


         She shook as she stared at the log she kept. She wondered what she was supposed to do. She had to go to the doctor, or the Psychologist, but didn't want to let her brother worry. She shook her head “I guess I have to try and be quiet and sneak out.”
         She started towards the phone and grabbed it, hoping her brother wasn't near. She jumped when she heard her brother stop near her. “Who are you calling?” he asked, quizzically.
         She smiled and looked at him. “A friend,” she lied.
         He glared at her and grumbled. “Don't lie, tell me who.”
         She looked at him and pouted. “Alex, I'm calling someone that I can't let you know, or this will make you think I'm going insane.... Please just... Let me go see him. He's the one who knows how to help me. I need to get my friend.... Make a time to meet him up,” her voice cracked. She was scared that her brother would get after her.
         Alex looked at him and closed his eyes. “Fine, but if it's about that dream then it will be official that you are..... extremely nuts.....”
         Krystl glared at him slightly and she called the doctor. She wanted her brother to leave soon so she could talk to the doctor in privacy. She fully dialed the number to hear “Your time of the appointment will be at 9:45” She sighed and hung up.
         Alex looked at her. “What time are you gonna leave?”
         “Well, what time is it?” She closed her eyes and sighed.
         Alex looked at her. “Maybe it's around 9:15.”
         She looked at him. “Then I am leaving now,” she stated simply, then left.
         He shook his head, sighing and smiling. “Sometimes I wonder about you sister.”
         She looked out of her car as she drove out, heading to the doctor. She didn't know what he would do or even say. She was a bit nervous since she was still feeling like it was a nightmare she was living. “Who was that girl that keeps following me in my dreams...?” She shook her head as she drove. She had to talk to the doctor.
         She had arrived at the doctors and she sighed as she waited. She looked around for the nurses and saw no one there. She was shaking and she was nervous. She saw blood in the corner of her eye, on the wall. “I really need to lay off the midnight snacks....” she shook her head, scared.
(To Be Continued)
         
© Copyright 2011 KrystlSkotos (krystlskotos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1823034-Climbing-Dreams