*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824600-The-Holidays
by Reagan
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1824600
A flash fiction entry about Christmas
Inside the warm, welcoming cottage nestled deep in the woods, snowflakes were falling tenderly against the windowpanes, creating clusters of flurry white crystals. Condensation was dripping down the glass, leaving trails of clear pathways. The trees upon the hill were covered in thick blankets of beautiful snow, causing the branches to droop down gracefully. The world looked like a scene from a Christmas movie. The snow was drifting around in the soft breeze, children could be heard giggling in the distance, and everyone was at peace. The smell of cinnamon and hot chocolate enveloped your noses as you walk into the cottage. Gingerbread houses lined the mantle, decorating the home like a picture from a magazine. The massive 12-foot Christmas tree stood draped in glittering tinsel and gorgeous ornaments. Tons and tons of presents were clustered underneath the tree. Each gift had a particular spot that created an amazing picture of an assortment of wrapping paper. Christmas music was playing happily in the background as a man and his new fiancĂ© gazed lovingly into each other’s eyes underneath the mistletoe. They would soon be going to bed to await the arrival of their childhood friend, Santa. As night fell and everyone in the small town drifted into a state of dreams, the snow began to fall thicker and the wind began to blow harder. The next morning they had a truly white Christmas. This is how the holidays should remain in your mind; a wonderfully happy memory.
© Copyright 2011 Reagan (rtant15 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824600-The-Holidays