*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824720-The-room
Rated: · Other · Other · #1824720
Facing your fears.
The rustling of leaves was the only sound that echoed through the din of the grounds, I followed the winding pitch black path and my senses explored the eerie night. It was deathly quiet now all sounds of wildlife and the normal sounds of the night had evaporated as quickly as they had started, I took in a shuddering breath and took another step. The smell of dampness and water polluted the air, clogging up my nose, my breathing quickened ever so slightly as I took another hesitant step. The wind breathed its cold air upon me sending shivers up and down my spine making the foot that took the next step up to the haunted, spooky fortress shake against the cold of the night. The shadows almost seemed to leap out at me, like the monsters of children’s nightmares they stalked my every footstep. The night seems to cling to me pulling me deeper into the fortresses depths, the door slips open like in a low budget horror movie; on I go ghostly figures float around going to different rooms in the magnificent but spooky mansion.
“Everything has its own room in this house, it contains all your fears, squashes all your hopes and what is left is but a shell of who you used to be.”
I carry on walking as the words are whispered by the ghostly creatures.
“but you can’t help but open the door, once you see it, it takes hold never releasing its grip”
I climb the velvet steps that seem to creak, seeming to warn me not to go on, but I have to. The ghostly ghouls follow me gathering in size till the crowd is a thick fog, enveloping me.
“I saw myself dying over and over again.”
“I saw myself alone, forever, every second, every minute”
“ I saw all the world ablaze”
They all whispered what they had seen, each more terrifying than the next.
I then saw my room, it was mine, Ghouls lined the way on either side of the long corridor, whispering, but I can’t hear, the room is all that matters, I reach for the handle the shaking of my hand unmistakable, in the ghostly light, the door swings open, I look inside.
The ghouls stand watching an audience to the evil that was this house; all watched as the boy opened the door, they saw the smile on his face. Watched him step inside. No despair, no horror, no crying or screaming just acceptance.
© Copyright 2011 7 fox hill (boy441 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1824720-The-room