*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1825946-sweet-dreams-and-a-dead-reality-part-one
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1825946
this is the first part of my short story im writing
the funny thing about truth is that even if you dont belive it, it remains the truth. its new york city, but not the new york you know this is the year 2142, there are a few differances, it rains every day now. buildings have collasped, parts of the subway is flooded. not that it really matters anymore, there is nobody around to use it anymore. oh yeah that reminds me there is only 2000 people left in new york. most of them died the day the dead started to come back to life and tried to munch on the friendly towns people. as im sure you could imagine there was mass panic. people crowded into malls and convention centers seeking safety in numbers and locked them self into the buildings, from first hand accounts one person started coughing, next thing you know there is a shuffling mob of zombies chasing the people. a few people escaped, not many...



up in my room, which is on the top floor of the empire state building,im packing my bag for the "trip" im about to take. i load 4 boxes of combat rifle ammo, that gives me 80 shots, or 4 mags. i add a underwater rebreather to my bag, along with rations and a pair of water-proof shooting goggles. never know when im going to go for a swim. most of the time i would go out into the feild with a partner but today i dont feel like going through the hassle of finding somone to go with me. to much trouble to have to look after them to. i strap on my my pistol holster and my knife sheath. i put on my hoodie which is by now ripped and worn, the red has faded and the gray turned to white in the plad pattern. the rangers patch is the only thing that isnt faded. the rangers are a security group that rose from the ashes of this metro city, were traped in here by the radiation of the bombs the set them up in a ring around the city basicly traping us here. i hit the call button on the elevator, and sit and wait. as i stand i notice the wait of the three flash bangs and the one frag. i check the ammo counter on top of my gun, the read out shows 20 shots and 1 gernade loaded into the undermounted launcher. i flip the switch to turn on the dot for my red dot sight which i moded into a heart. moded parts are rare and expensive, so if your like me and you know how to mod, you have a way of making money. i hear the ding and i know my elevator is here.


the gravel crunches under my boots as i walk forward through the ruined lobby, i shade my eyes as i walk out onto the streets. its a gentle rain so not to bad of a day for a part run. i can hear the moans off in the distance, proably a small mob hunting a newbie hunter. poor guy... i continue toward the electronics store which turns out to be a boring walk. i kick the door a little harder than i meant to and shatter the glass. i realize that i need to hurry up seeing as that whould have alerted every zombie in the whole city to where i am. i mutter to my self as i walk around grabing parts and stuffing them in my backback, that grumbling is proably why i didnt notice the shambling mob of zombies surounding the store. i snap out of my haze as i hear the glass that i broke shift on the ground. i pull up my gun, switch the safety off and aim down the sights, fireing off a burst at the closest zombie and when i see the blood spray i know i hit it. 16 shots left. one charges. i fire. 13 shots left. 3 move forward, i slowly walk backwards as i fire off the rest off my mag, droping the group. i jump over the store counter and put my back to the wall. i grab the frag off my belt and pull the pin... 1... 2... i throw the gernade and it lands in the middle of the group and the blast knocks me off my feet. i stagger forward and pick my self up grabing my gun and putting it on my back.


i pull a flashbang off my belt and throw it, i cover my eyes as it goes off. well it killed one.. i grab the second one and throw it to the same effect. just one left..sweet... i grab for the third one but its not there. i realize it must have fallen off when i triped. "oh crap" i say under my breath.

i realize this might be the end. i always knew me being careless would kill me. then i hear it, the loud crack of the sniper rifle, and i see the last zombie fall. i quickly take off my pack and pull out another 2 mags for my rifle and my reabreather. i put it in my mouth and sprint for the subway entrance. i hear the shot hit behind me, after that i cant hear any thing but my heart beat in my ears. i close my eyes and jump, i feel the cold water hit my skin a second later. i grab hold of a peice of rubble to keep my self underwater, good thing my bags waterproof
© Copyright 2011 Thexsvplan (jdogxsv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1825946-sweet-dreams-and-a-dead-reality-part-one