*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827745-Our-Type-of-Love
Rated: GC · Poetry · Dark · #1827745
Dark, hateful, and love all rolled into one.
The screaming and yelling. The beatings and cruel words.
"I hate you."
Being thrown clear across the room.
He breathed down my neck, light of the blade blinding me.
I wanted to scream and hate every breath of air you breathed.
He cornered me against the wall and licked the blade.
Telling you I hate you didn't seem enough. I lashed out, kicking you and scratching your face.
He moved closer and dropped the blade.
You hit me back, a slap across the face, cutting deep into my lip. The blood flowed from my wounds and I wanted to whip it away. But I won't, because that would be weakness in your eyes.
His lips crashed against mine and our blood mixed together.
Weakness wasn't an option with you. With my hate for you, I wasn't going to saw weakness.
Pulling back, he stared into my eyes, lips parting from the heavy breathing and from the words he was speaking.
You leaned down and picked up the knife. I hate my weakness for you for even as I said the words of hate, I in fact loved you.
"You're wrong... This is just our kind of love."
© Copyright 2011 Katherine Soul (naturalsoul19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827745-Our-Type-of-Love