*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827668-Broken
Rated: E · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1827668
Song based short story idea.
You've got all my dreams, I've got these broken things.

Smiling the cameras continued to flash at me. I straightened and looked each person in the eye, pushing away the pain and hopelessness.

You've got broken things where your heart should be.

When had I sold myself to this life? When had the fame and money become more then what we had together?

I'll never speak again.

I'm their puppet, their toy to dress up and show. I'm not to speak just smile and look nice. You made me feel though... Like I had a voice and could think for myself.

I've been trading places with the ghost in me.

There's two different people in me. The person I am with you and the person they want me to be. I wanted to cling to the thought of being with you again.

A little hope would do the trick

Nothing more then to spend a few minutes with you would give me the hope I need. To set me free from this life and I was pushed into.

They all dream and think it's easy but they're wrong.

They think it's easy and they couldn't be more wrong. The smiling and being prefect takes its toll on me, wearing me down day by day.

Let that smile, let me see it.

But my true smile I can smile with you. Be free and not think about how the smile needs to be just right.

If your heart is true then I'll be with you

How could you betray me? Leave me and go to another? Wasn't I the one you told you loved? Gave hope and made me smile?

We both know that it's I that loved you more.

That's why this is my farwell.



_______
Author Notes: Please let me know if it's any good or something that needs to be changed.
Song: You're Dead Wrong by Mayday Parade
© Copyright 2011 Katherine Soul (naturalsoul19 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827668-Broken