*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827888-The-Job
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1827888
This is a story about two people that are not exactly the heros.
    The sky was dark, no surprise, it was almost midnight. The winter air was bitterly cold, and I didn't know if I was going to stand it any longer. I would wait five more minutes, he was late anyway. The stairs down to the subway were calling me, telling me to come down them, get into a subway, and go home so I wouldn't freeze. I leaned up against the wall and waited for him to show up with the supplies I asked him to bring. I hoped he had remembered them, he had always been forgetful. I looked at my watch and got so mad my face became hot, which was a little help, when I realized he was an hour late. I threw the hood of my sweatshirt up and began to walk down the stairs, when a hand clasped on my shoulder. I reacted fast and slapped it before turning around, anger and fear written plain on my face. I looked and saw the man I was waiting for pull down his hood, and reveal that his hair was messy, and his face was covered in sweat, he had been running.
    "Sorry I'm late," he said with his eyes looking at me for a simple reaction."I got held up trying to get what you asked for" he said, assuring me that he had got what I asked for.
    "Just don't do it again, Logan," I warned him.
    "I won't, Ariel, I promise," he said, smiling. I went back up the stairs and made my way to the door of the building I had been waiting by. I held it for him as he walked in, an alarm went off, but I had told him to bring something so that I may disable it. I mad my way to the nearest computer and began to disable all alarm systems. After five minutes, the building became silent once again. He stole a glance at me and smiled at my success.
    "Nice one, now bring me the torch, this door will be hard to take down," he said. I handed it to him and hurried him along. He began to burn out the whole lock out of the door. My eyes scanned the inside of the building for any late night workers. When I saw that there weren't any, I worked on the computer some more. In ten minutes the door was down, and he was stuffing the bags with it's contents, while I had erased an hours memory from all he security cameras in this area.
    " I'm done. Let's go!" he shouted, already on his way to the window. I shut down the computer, and wiped it with a rag that washed away the evidence of our arrival. He caught me as I jumped out the bank's window, and then the both of us took off, running into the dark night, laughing with our success.
© Copyright 2011 PRODIGY (starr14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827888-The-Job