*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827915-INSECURITES-OF-A-WOMAN
by KAT024
Rated: E · Other · Opinion · #1827915
The title says it all
There are pressures growing up for girls now more than ever. These pressures used to start around the time we became teenagers but over the years it has become much sooner than that. Watching television and/or reading a magazine definitely doesn’t help. Just seeing some of Hollywood’s biggest stars dressed to impress in those tight size 0 dresses will be enough to discourage anybody. It is no wonder girls have so many issues going on these days.

Some girls are looking for a quick fix to look like their idol whoever that may be. Rather than be proud of the body they do have, they turn to other things sometimes resulting in their own death. They turn to being anorexic, bulimic, paying for cosmetic surgery, etc. The list goes on and on. They see every one of their curves as just one more flaw that they absolutely must get rid of.

Than as we get older, we come to even more pressure. The decision to smoke because it’s cool, do drugs, drink, have sex, and one of the most popular ones especially when I was a senior in high school is the decision to start having kids. Than once we graduate high school, here comes the decision about whether or not there is going to be college in our future and the costs.

Throughout all of this growing we have left to do, we fall in love or at least we think we do. But there is always that one guy out there who is already planning to leave once there is a disagreement. When they leave and we get rejected, it tears us up inside. Until eventually we move on and think that in a few years you will be forgotten about. But truth is, we never do! Now I am not saying that as a compliment of any sort especially if the relationship went bad before, during, and after the break – up.

It is now time for us to move out and start a life of our own. With or without a companion by our side, it’s time to go. We are women now so even if the going gets tough, we have to be stronger. The only person to stop you from living your life and possibly your dream is yourself.

This world is not a perfect place and neither are we. But unfortunately we have to live and deal with it until we get called home so why not take it as it is. We are beautiful in our unique way. I have never been able to understand why we try so hard and sometimes it feels like whoever we are with tries so little.

I want every girl to read this and take a good look in the mirror. I want you to love and respect what you see there. Don’t let anybody try and change you. Yes, you may not have the perfect body but that is what makes you so special. If everyone tried to look the same, how boring would that be? The good lord made all of us to look and feel differently.

I wish all women would feel appreciated for everything they do or do not have. I wish the people that surround us from day to day would stop criticizing us. There are those people who feel miserable about themselves and they get it into their heads to make other people miserable too.

It is okay to lose a little weight if you feel you have to. But when you lose so much weight that you can see your ribcage and all of your other bones sticking out than you might want to consider getting help. I can’t seem to stress to anybody nearly enough about that. We all have insecurities and that will never change. But it is up to us what we do with them.
© Copyright 2011 KAT024 (kat024 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1827915-INSECURITES-OF-A-WOMAN