*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829590-WHOLE-NEW-WORLD
by KAT024
Rated: E · Short Story · Opinion · #1829590
The tregedies that we have faced.
A lot of stuff has been happening in this world in my twenty – five years of life. But for the last couple of years it has in many ways been a cruel place. Let’s rewind a couple of years ago to September 11th, 2001. Many innocent people died that day through no fault of their own. That was definitely the day where it felt like the world stopped.

After the attack, two twisted men who caused the whole thing ran like the cowards they truly were. They hid hoping that no one will find them. They thought that the United States was at our weakest point. But they were proven wrong. It took us some time to find them but once we did, we showed no mercy. And now they are where they belong.

I am sorry for those of you who are reading this and getting a little bit offended by the wording of the above paragraphs. But I show no feelings of sympathy for two people who are amused by the thought of killing.

A couple of years pass by and with every year it seems that crime is getting that much worse. Nobody seems to care too much because we watch the news and it is like an everyday occurrence to us. That is what our generation and all future generations have to deal with. Somebody has to say or do something before it is too late. Maybe it already is.

Then when we thought we got ourselves to a strong point, something else happened. On April 16th, 2007 was when we were brought to our knees yet again. That was the day of the Virginia Tech shooting which definitely hit close to home for me. This guy who obviously had something wrong with him was the shooter. He claimed more than 30 lives and decided to take his own.

What takes a person to go over the edge like that?

A couple of years later, we were all glued to the television set when Casey Anthony was standing there hearing the jury reading her verdict. We were all a little more than stunned to hear the jury say not guilty. We heard from every news channel all about her case over and over again. How could she be anything but guilty? She got away with murdering her daughter!

Her daughter whose eyes trusted her with everything she had got killed by someone she never should have been with. Everything that Casey Anthony is about is her lies. I am sure everyone remembers seeing a video of her showing crocodile tears talking on the phone behind bars. If only the justice system was as great as it once had been.

When is this going to stop? People who do stupid things like this need to suffer the consequences. They know what they can get away with and that is an awful lot from some time ago. Police officers are more concerned about catching someone who goes a little over the speed limit rather than possibly saving someone’s life. If you ask me, they need to get their priorities straight.

© Copyright 2011 KAT024 (kat024 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829590-WHOLE-NEW-WORLD