*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829940-Why-Mom
by John
Rated: · Other · Other · #1829940
A mom has to tell her son something very important.
A frustrated mother takes the tram to the city; she is looking for her son he has to know. He is in New York City working on one of the many construction sites. But she does not know which one but she will find him and she will tell him. It is a necessity that she find him if she doesn’t the world she knows may collapse around her.
“Where is it that he said he would be?” she thought aloud. “Oh yeah the corner of 6th. and 7th. street is near where he is working,” she repeated remembering how he looked telling her the night before. He was exhausted and dirty he worked twelve hours that day trying to earn enough money so he can help support her and his three little brothers. He was a good person but he did not need to do this to himself. She remembered countless nights of trying to convince him to look for a better job, but he merely refused to do so. She began to ask directions for where to go and found her way to the site. She looked and looked but could not see her son until finally she saw a group of people huddled around something on the ground then she realized it was her son. She rushed to her son pushing through the crowd of overly large men and grabbed her son holding him around the back of the head. She noticed the blood she was sitting in ad somebody said he had been hit in the head by a falling hammer he wasn’t wearing a hard hat, so it put a big gash in his skull. But to her relief they said the ambulance was on the way. Her son looked up at her and said “Mom why are you here?”
“I had to tell you that Seinfeld was canceled.” She retorted with a shocked look on her face.
© Copyright 2011 John (rrtarheels at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1829940-Why-Mom