*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830189-Lost
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #1830189
be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Sometimes, the world is a place where no one can trust and no one can see outside the lines. We're taught to color inside the lines, but when we get into the real world we're taught to think outside the box. How are we suppose to color inside the lines and think outside the box? How are we suppose to love someone, and then get caught up in everything that involves them, when in reality we're going to end up losing them. It's like coloring in side the lines, we focus on what we know, what we see and what we hear. We get so focused on the inside that once we go outside the lines, it's a whole different world. We're forced to be like everyone else, think like everyone else and talk like everyone else. We say we want to be original, but when it comes down to it are we actually being original? Are we actually taking the time to be ourselves, think like our own brains will think, and talk like only we talk? Or are we being like everyone else, just to fit in , and be accepted? Are we drinking because everyone else does, or are we not drinking and staying in because that's what WE as our own selves do, and want to do. The world is a messed up place when we think about it, no one wants to be brave enough to be original due to the fear of acceptance. We all say be different, be yourself……. but one last question, Are you practicing what you preach, or letting it fall short of the actual meaning?
© Copyright 2011 unspokenbelle (unspokenbelle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1830189-Lost